From problem solving, time management and communication to organization and business aid, today’s mobile app development market is inundated with specially tailored mobile apps that make your life better.
If you are a busy person, an entrepreneur seeking helps with productivity and self-management, having a great business app could save you from everyday battles. Be it Android or iOS, these business apps make sure you execute operations 24/7.
However, it is daunting to select a few good apps from the expanding universe of business apps.
Being an innovative mobile app development company, we have compiled a comprehensive list of top 24 best business apps of 2019.
You can pick the right one that to stay organized and successful every day.
Let’s take a look:
If you are unnecessarily dedicating your time to unwanted distractions, Rescue Time can control your habits by automatically tracking time you spend on social media and eCommerce sites.
It gives you an explicit picture and data of your online activities and determines your productivity goals. It is a great example of iOS and Android app development and it also helps you block certain websites or set notifications about your online activities.
- Sets screen time goals and control your phone usage
- Keeps all your daily goals front and centre to help you build better habits
- Allows you to get instant feedbacks when you spend too much time on distractions
- FocusTime feature lets you block distracting websites, when you need time to focus
This is one of the best business apps intended to help HR recruiters maintain their daily jobs efficiently. Proven helps users organize their hiring process and post job listings on online job boards with just one click.
Additionally, one can also manage hundreds of applications responses in minutes as app also puts applicants in specific category buckets of qualification such as Yes, No and maybe and considers when you follow-up candidates.
- Helps HR recruiters maintain their daily jobs efficiently
- Helps users to post job listings on online job boards with just one click
- Allows you to manage hundreds of applications responses in minutes
- Helps you to organize your hiring process
Evernote allows you to manage bits of information you fetch from the web, tag and edit them, change it to your requirements and make pieces easily searchable. You can clip or add to it, or alternatively, embed pictures, video, audio, tables and other objects.
Evernote is the best digital note maker used as journals, lists or for simple notes, recipes, quotes and tweets and contacts. Its paid business version offers more advanced features.
- Attaches Microsoft Office docs, PDFs and photos
- Creates separate notepads to organize your memos, receipts, bills and invoices
- Writes, collects and captures ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, memos etc
- Use the camera to scan, digitize and organize your paper documents, business cards etc.
Tripit is a travel organizer that consolidates your travel plans in a single online itinerary that you can refer at any time on any device. It pieces together airline, train and cruise tickets, cars, reservations and everything else.
The business apps process all the travel emails you forward to it. It sends notification to taxi driver, or shows you flight delays and departure, and updates you on weather and airport directions.
- Helps you find a better seat
- Reminds you when to check in
- Sends real-time flight status alerts
- Provides interactive airport and terminal maps
HubSpot is reputed as one of the best business apps in digital market. It offers a range of great iOS and Android apps that help manage contacts among different teams of marketing, sales, and customer service on the go.
You can view and manage leads through various business funnels, conduct communication with partners and evaluate campaign performance and strategy using this app.
- Manages your deals, contacts and tasks on the move
- Allows you to stay focused on the day ahead – see upcoming tasks and to-do reminders.
- Lets access contacts even when you are offline
- Allows you to get real-time notifications about important events
6. Oracle NetSuite
ERP as we know makes it effortless and agile to manage your enterprise resources. Oracle NetSuite gives you all the incredible benefits of business management through ERP, providing you with absolute control over your business in your hands.
The business apps offer handy UI to deal with various tasks such as customer relationships, human resource planning, financial and inventory management.
- Allows you to get instant business snapshots, with full dashboard support
- Quickly create, view and edit records
- Manages time and expenses
- Let’s you plan workdays with full NetSuite calendar access
Asana fulfils all your business communication requirements with much improved seamless collaboration. The mobile app version of Asana allows you to view all current tasks and projects, monitor progress on the dashboard, share notes, upload files and run full communication with people involved without using emails.
It provides integration with Google Drive, DropBox and Slack for better experience of file sharing and business collaboration.
- Adds a task for to-dos, reminders, ideas, and requests
- Allows you to view and organize your work task list every time you open Asana
- Allows you to get notifications in inbox about the projects, tasks, and conversations
- Allows you to send your teammate a quick reply with a like or comment directly from inbox
With Square, you can simplify accepting credit payments for services done. It comes with a free card reader for both iPhone and Android. You can treat your iPad as a wireless register with Square Stand.
Also, it works seamlessly with QuickBooks so that your transactions can be automatically recorded into your QuickBooks ledger, which ultimately saves your time.
- Records cash, gift cards and other forms of tender
- Send and track invoices directly from the payment app
- Send receipts through email or text message directly from the payment app
- Track inventory in real time and notifies you when you are running low
9. PayPal Here
PayPal Here is similar to Square in its operation as it also comes with a small card reader for payment reception. With each swipe, PayPal Here costs you 2.7% which is less than what Square charges.
PayPal Here is packed with great features such as check processes, electronic invoices and integration of customer’s existing PayPal account. However, you will have to transfer the payment from your PayPal account to bank account, which takes a few days.
- Accepts credit and debit cards, send invoices, track cash and check payments
- Provides your customers the flexibility to pay how they want
- Helps you manage all your in-person, online and mobile payments through one central account.
- PayPal Debit card allows you to access your funds at thousands of ATM’s nationwide
When it comes to handling benefits data, Zenefits has best features to offer. This is a simple benefits administration tool that empowers the job of HR team and enables employees and recruiters to record, search and update rewards and benefits data.
Available on both iOS and Android, it gives you access to the full data on traditional benefits, termination, compliance and stock option modules.
- Allows you to easily connect with your co-workers, find teammates, view departments and roles, call, text, and email co-workers with a mobile directory
- Allows you to view your insurance details, see what is covered and quickly access your policy number, deductible etc.
- Reviews your pay stubs, tracks income, deductions and taxes by pay period or year-to-date
- Tracks your flex benefits , checks account balances for FSA, HSA, and commuter benefits and replaces lost benefit cards in seconds
11. QuickBooks Online
Small business entrepreneurs often opt for QuickBooks Online for enhanced account management and tasks execution. It has a lot to offer including easy-to-navigate UI and integration with other essential services.
While on the go, you can send invoices, view balances, share info, print checks, approve estimates and integrate with PayPal or bank account. Its basic version is paid.
- Allows you to track invoices sent
- Lets you easily add new customers and contact them on the go
- Categorizes your monthly expenses to make them easier to track
- Reviews your bank transactions and adds them to your accounting records
Wunderlist is an effective solution to solving the problem of task management. In this app you can create a to-do list with endless number of tasks, and you can also share with your contacts.
Lists are automatically synced so that others can see accomplished items. The paid high-calibre version of Wunderlist allows you to delegate tasks to your team members, add notes and deadlines and set reminders.
- Attaches photos, PDFs, presentations and more
- Organizes your projects for home, work and everywhere in between with folders
- Allows you to easily share lists and collaborate with family, friends and colleagues
- Lets you start conversations about your to-dos and share the work and delegate to-dos
Wave is comprehensive accounting software for people who are low on budget and seek finest solution to manage their company accounts. Wave could be your true companion provided you have fewer employees.
This software can look after your expenses, invoicing, receipt records, etc. You can even link your bank accounts and integrate with PayPal or other payment gateways.
- Allows you to record payments
- Allows you to easily create and send beautiful, customized invoices with your business logo and template of your choice
- Allows you to easily check invoice status
- Let’s you easily send invoice reminders and payment receipts
Users who can’t use Evernote and look for something simpler, Pocket is the best for them. Pocket makes it easy to save quotes, articles, videos, lists and tasks etc so that you can follow them in leisure.
The app is master resource for people who are bored of social activities and wish to unwind with something interesting. The best part is that you don’t need internet to glimpse the content saved in Pocket.
- Typography and layout keeps reading comfortable for longer stretches
- Has listen feature that turns any news story, article, or blog post into a hands-free, eyes-free learning experience
- Allows you to save the latest stories, articles, news, sports and videos from any device and any publisher or app
- Has clean layout and customizable display for a relaxing reading experience, that clears out the visual clutter, gives your eyes rest and allows your mind to focus on the information at hand
You can leverage Slack for snappy and speedy experience for information management and query resolution among your teammates and business partners.
Despite not being an intuitive app, it facilitates ease of filtering and makes discovering what you need fast.
Small businesses can define channels depending on conversation themes (such as projects or clients, water colour). You can easily customize notifications. Moreover, basic app is free for an unlimited number of users.
- Lets you message or call any person or group within your team
- Customizes your notifications
- Allows you to communicate with your team and organize your conversations by topics, projects, etc.
- Let’s you share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people
Streak is an impressive CRM app that can integrate with both Gmail and Google Apps. Built with brilliant crafts of Android and iOS app development, Streak helps small businesses monitor and manage customers based on the quality of their business relationships with them.
You can see all emails from your clients directly within Streak. Its newsfeed feature can keep every team member updated on the status of running and closed deals.
- Let’s you share information within your team and keep everyone in the loop
- Allows you to view email, tasks and files related to your customers
- Updates the status, details and notes of each customer
- Allows you to carry your customer data with you everywhere you go
Nimble is another CRM from the mobile app development world. It is useful if you have a business that already has strong social media presence.
It gathers insight from your customers’ social profiles and updates it automatically. It analyzes common interests and integrates with Outlook, Gmail, Hoot suite and more.
- Presents your upcoming events and tasks in a clear and concise view
- Allows you to get instant intel on your contacts within your CRM and phone book with social and company insights.
- Creates events that sync to Nimble and your Google Calendar
- Sets push notifications to help you prepare for meetings
Trello is a handy project management app that helps you track and manage your team efforts. You can create a card on Trello board for each assignments or tasks.
You can also add comments, members, checklists, files, deadlines, labels and convincing description. Each Trello member will be notified via email or on their devices whenever there is a change in a card.
- Works offline
- Adds checklists, labels, and due dates and gives your projects the fuel they need to get across the finish line.
- Frees your brain from remembering every planning detail
- Adds power-ups like a Calendar view of your due dates or adds locations to cards to get a Map view
Insightly is another popular relationship manager app with noteworthy project-management features. Quite useful and productive for small businesses, it allows you to categorize contacts and leads with tags and integrate their social profiles.
Read also : How To Create an App For Your Small Business
Additionally, you can generate tasks for team members, track status of tasks and create email reminders to attain timeliness among members.
- Adds new contacts, scans business cards or imports them from your device’s address book
- Saves time by adding voice memos to leads and opportunities
- Allows you to create projects and assign tasks to your team from your smartphone
- Let’s you receive notifications, when a lead gets assigned
Basecamp is one of the best business apps that provides interface that is quite organized, intuitive and beautifully streamlined. With Basecamp you can easily collaborate, attach files, chat within projects, create checklists and track progress.
Creating workflow calendars to keep everyone on the same page is also possible here. You can pay per project and not per user. Basecamp is a good companion to straightforward project where there is little time to learn a new system.
- Comes with six core tools that will transform your business for the better
- To-do’s keep everything on track
- Automatic check-ins prompt people to write up what they have worked on every day, every week and once a month
- Basecamp’s reports allows you to get the big picture on what’s going on
Toggl is a dependable time tracking and logging app that monitors where your time is invested in just one click. This is an ideal time keeping system that helps users log billable hours with no hassle.
Here you can track number of projects and clients, explore vivid graphs, export time sheets and also sync with several other project management apps. You can even divide Toggl using employees into convenient groups to stay organized.
- Idle detection
- Tracks reminders
- Supports keyboard shortcuts
Expensify lets you keep track of your business trip expenses in painless way. It allows you to link your credit/debit card to your Expensify account. These business apps will show charges directly on an expense report.
In another alternative method, you can take pictures of your receipts with your device camera and Expensify will automatically process all the relevant information.
This gives you the option of generating an expense report yourself, which takes not more than a few minutes.
- Tracks and submits receipts and expenses
- In-app purchase
- Mileage and GPS tracking
- Automatic credit card import
Formerly known as ZenPayroll, Gusto is a smart employee account and resource management app that streamlines your company’s payroll, tax and benefits process.
Apart from helping with online employee on-boarding, Gusto automatically reports new hires to the government.
It takes over all local, state and federal tax filings. Its clever to automate the process of deductions on workers’ side of benefits and payments and sends an email of digital pay receipt to employees.
- Tasty photos of the dishes from the restaurant’s menu
- Videos and photos of the restaurant atmosphere
- Allows you to search the restaurant by geolocation
- Online table booking in any restaurant
MailChimp is a popular corporate-level email marketing tool that helps marketers build and manage mailing lists and automate the process of creating and sending newsletters to respective clients and prospects.
You can custom-build email templates and also read performance report for emails you compose and deliver. With bespoke emails, your company’s email marketing efforts get impactful and result in more relevant emails for each customer.
- Creates emails from scratch
- Allows you to get personalized recommendations for your next move and find marketing inspiration from fellow Mailchimp customers
- Mailchimp’s CRM lets you manage your contacts and build customer relationships
- Allows you to market smarter and grow faster
If you are striving to hit the deadline and attain more with your business efforts, these top 24 business apps of 2019 will help you get there.
Thanks to advanced mobile app development methods and modern devices, you can think of plenty of business apps to make your professional life more charged and powerful.
Due to fascinating innovations in iOS and Android app development, you have now a range of digital tools to simplify your business processes including account, admin and finance, saving time and cost to the company. The world of mobile app can’t get better!