Having a mobile app built to attract and engage with more customers is one of the ideal strategic action performed by today’s enterprise companies and startup owners. Because a mobile app drives and promotes business and boosts ROI, it is essential to invest in mobile app development. However, the question of mobile app development partner and cost always provokes dilemma.
Whether it is for iOS or Android or both, mobile app development process comes with certain cost and budget constraints. There are many factors that determine the total cost of developing a business app. So you need to be clear about what it is that you have conceived before you dive in. This blog discusses how much the development would cost when outsourced to India.
Factors influencing the cost of mobile app development
From your app idea to device types and integrations, there are many factors that influence the cost of mobile app development. Here are some of them:
- App requisites and concept
- Complexity of UI design
- OS platform
- Marketing and promotion
- Testing & QA
- Server maintenance, support and troubleshooting
- Integration of payment services
- GPSS and localization
- Delivering the app to the App store
Develop clarity before developing your app
Building an app for your business can be a lot more complicated and tedious than you think because of many expectations and arguments from both the sides. If you as an entrepreneur lack confidence about the budget, it will be arduous to deal with your mobile app creation partner. Make your mind up about the following points:
- The overall cost of developing a mobile app varies depending on the company you hire
- If you prefer a successful IT firm over a team of independent freelancers, the cost will not be humble and may leave you stunned
- Confirm about any hidden cost involved in the process before finalizing the development contract
- Make sure you compensate project completion time with cost
- Decide whether you want a basic or mature app
- Be clear about the level of experience you need
Much of your cost ideas need clarity that comes after you decide whether you seek companies with extensive experience or wish to partner with mid-size firms.
Startup ventures often turn to established giants in of the app business, which may cost more than $350000. If budget is not a serious concern to consider, it is advisable to seek someone who takes care of the entire aspects of mobile app development process.
If you are dealing with a smaller scale, you should be prepared for $100,000 to $400,000. If you want to adopt the Facebook way, $70,000-$200,000 should suffice.
The approximate cost of building mobile apps of various scales
To simplify your approach towards creating a business mobile app, here is the breakdown of costs for apps of various types and scales:
1. Basic app with simple functions:
Apps of this kind contain basic functionality, contents and guiding directions without any heavy integration of third-party APIs or back-end architecture. It has standard UI components, simple feeds and filters, which costs you around $4000 to $8000.
The cost will be added in case you need GPS locator, social media or payment integrations. If you already have resources to juggle with design elements, you can save on graphics up to $1500.
2. Native Database Application:
It is almost similar to what users get in basic functional apps. However, in native apps, the development process will include the cost of creating and implementing the logic of business and relevant architecture. It will levy you $8000 – $30000 depending on your app logic.
3. Apps of intermediate complexity:
It usually includes customer features like attractive UI elements, payment facilities, real-time chat, interactions with local handset data, integration of foreign APIs and an operating backend server. You may pay $ 12000- $30,000.
4. Highly complex custom apps:
Such mature custom apps are enriched with advanced features and functionality like cross-platform functioning, synchronization, animations, audio/video support, third-party services, database and back end with rapid interactive system and much more. The price is likely to hit $20,000 – $40,000.
5. Gaming Apps:
Gaming apps are more challenging and detailed and contain 3D graphics, intricate levels, intuitive UI packed with immersive features like speed and thrill. Due to fascinating graphics built with delightful UX and maximum usability, the development cost is most likely to start by $20,000 – $50000 depending on the game complexity.
6. Design and Wire frame:
If client side design wireframe is further enhanced in the process of discussing mobile app scope, future innovations in app design may cost you high.
Hiring an expert design team to focus vital app factors such as UX, customizations, localization, user engagement, and device interactions can be translated into higher cost than what simple apps will demand. Due to importance of mobile app design, prepare to pay $5000 to $18000 for its design architecture.
What about the mobile app development platform?
If you are confused as to which mobile app development platform will bring more glory to your app, you are not completely on the wrong path. With goals of helping customers and increasing your business revenue, selecting the right development platform is definitely a hard target. The suitability of your option critically depends on:
- Project requirements
- Target customers
- Business ecosystem
- Trending devices among demographics
You have certain app building platforms such as:
- iPhone iOS
Of course, Android and iOS dominate the market of mobile apps like no other. If iPhone platform delivers performance and flawless structure, Android on the other hand offers immense user base and market potential.
Considering cost and popularity, heterogeneous businesses often settle for Android especially during the initial stage of development as it also offers easy intrusion into the new user acquisition.
The role of essential app Development cost deciders
1) Back-end Development: If it is a native application that has scope of interaction between front-end and back-end, you will need to think about investing in back-end implementation. Based on current trends, the back-end development cost touches $8,000 – $20,000.
2) Web service Development: This is something many businesses prefer to include. It shifts your app content to the remote access point for the convenience of updating changes in your app quickly using XML files. It relieves you from manual code changes. Web service development approximately costs around $2000 – $5000.
3) Integrating third party tools: if you want to build an app that contains trending features such as social media integration and payment services, you will have to rely on paid services of SDK’s and third-party plug-ins. This again boosts cost somewhere aroun $5000 – $10,000.
4) Time taken: App domain experts often want you to confirm the time taken by the developers to build your app. Usually, it takes 5-6 months for the primary version of the business app to be released if it is an exclusive app-based business. More months mean more cost. For intermediate level apps, each month may cost you around $ 25,000 on average.
Optimizing the cost of mobile app
Once you are clear about what you want, you can control the flow of app development cost in India. Before proceeding for the process, make a strategy about your app requirements and how it will look. Convey your detailed idea to developers and ask for transparent estimation of costs.
Also, it is to be noted that even though Android has greater user base than iOS, Android app building is a bit complicated, time-eating process – which increases its cost, too.
Hence, businesses can optimize their spending by first developing an iOS product before opting for Android platform. Ssince iOS platform supports low-cost app marketing and clean, honest app store environment.
Ultimately, what is the cost of developing an app in India?
It is difficult to come to a single conclusion when it comes to the question of mobile app development cost in India. If application is developed with back-end development and web services, the app may approximately cost you $25,000 to $400,000. There are myriad aspects that go into determining the final cost of developing a business-quality app. We have discussed some of them based on trending practices in IT domain. Again, the overall cost depends on how ambitious the project is.