There are hundreds of free excellent child-friendly mobile game apps available for both iOS and Android users especially for toddler. But finding the right free game apps for your toddler will certainly be a challenge and we are here to help.
Children of ages 1 to 4 cannot read and are in the process of developing their language skills, while many still don’t say complete words.
With new norms and work from culture, parents are relying on these brilliant toddler apps to keep the kids busy while they get themselves busy with their work.
Parents can choose the right mix of apps that are fun, interesting, and informative for the kids. There are no better means to introduce novel concepts and ideas to kids in an engaging and fun manner.
Here are the top 24 best free game apps for toddler that help them with learning many basic things in life without the actual feel of learning.
1. Khan Academy kids
Khan academy kids is one of the popular toddler apps. They publish free, fun & interactive programs for children of ages 2-7. The app conduct sessions on best kids’ stories, fictional characters & make children do various offline activities with their family.
The contents are presented by a cast of cute animals welcoming kids into the world of fun-filled activities. Reading, drawing, writing, storytelling & many more activities make khan kids the best place to have early learning. The adaptive learning path lets kids to learn at their own pace.
The robust curriculum covers reading and literacy, language, math, executive function, and logic.
- High quality content with frequent updates
- Offers thousands of educational activities, books, songs, and games
- Child’s creative growth can be monitored by parents & teachers
- Open-ended activities are added to encourage creativity and self-expression
- Joyful & personalized learning experience
2. Baby Games for 2,3 & 4-year-old toddlers
The app consists of 15 different educational games which will make your toddler learn new skills with lots of fun. The games are designed in such a way that any child could grasp the content in a simple way. Your toddler cares some animals, colour tiny things & thus, knowing many things at a time and learn many basic things in life.
The activities are meant to enable kids to learn colours, shapes and sort things by size, colour, and shapes.
- Free app is designed mainly for 2,3 & 4 old babies
- Comes with a simple & engaging interface with no ads
- Includes short games with proper hints for your child
- Games enable sorting things by size, colour, and shapes
- Kids are assured a protected & lively environment
3. Fairy Tales
Even grown ups love to hear fairy tales and there is no wonder why kids love it like anything. Then what about tiny ones? Fairytales is a reading app where you can find beautiful fairy tales along with some fun games.
It includes famous tales of Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, Snow white, more & more. The app enables your child to meet those fantasy characters through splendid animations & narrations.
- Read to me & Read myself modes
- Offline reading is possible
- Daily go-to-sleep ritual through bedtime stories
- Kid friendly interface with protection from unintentional purchases
- Offers professional voice narration, vivid illustrations, and interactive activities
4. ABC Spelling – Spell & Phonics
This is a mind-blowing platform that offers free spelling game for kids. With over 10 different spelling games, the app is meant to cover toddlers of different tastes. With multiple phonics focused game modes, kids can learn to associate letters with pictures in a fun filled learning space.
The games include Fill In Blank, Blank Spelling and Consonant Vowel Consonant mode comes with 5 additional free learning modes to help kids to learn and practice.
- Colourful graphics and animations make learning interesting
- Designed with fun cartoon drawings and easy to touch icons
- Celebrate learning achievements by collecting certificates & stickers
- Comes with report cards to show learning progress
- App is free, with no third-party ads
5. First Words for Baby
A perfect app for initiating your toddler’s first words & brighter learning. This educational app provides a simple vocabulary for your child every day.
Baby can simply touch the screen to easily interact with fun games and learn new words. Parents can also join with toddlers to let help know about the magic of learning or leave them on their own in this safe platform to explore learning.
This is one of the ad free toddler apps with adorable graphics makes it easy to learn colours, body parts, animals, and numbers.
- Over 100 words about everyday objects
- Support content for over 15 languages
- Offers enticing games with adorable characters
- Free app is designed for kids between ages of 1 and 5
- Offers fun content with constant updates
Read Also : 24 Best Apps for Teachers & Educators 2021
6. 123 Numbers-Count & Tracing
A perfect number learning app for toddler, preschool & kindergarten kids. Children can sit for hours tracing, counting & finding out numbers in this single app without any boredom as it is totally fun.
They can read the numbers loud & get stickers after completing number games. A package of entertaining games, customizable activities, clear contents encourage more children to gain interest in 123 Numbers.
- Unlimited activities for tracing & counting numbers
- Colourful games make your child play & learn at a time
- Convenient all-in-one app with fun graphics and sounds
- Parents can customize games to suit kid’s needs
- Safe & fun environment for kids with no third-party ads or in-app purchases
7. Piano Kids
Let your baby enjoy his live music show! Piano kids is a wonderful app where you & your kid can play many numbers of musical instrument. Be it a small xylophone to a big trumpet, your kid can make his tunes.
The app consists of 4 modes: Instruments, songs, Sounds & play. Children can play games & learn music. Not only music, it gives your kid a chance to develop memory, concentration & creativity, motor skills, sensory, intellect, and speech. This free app is intuitive and quite easy to use .
- Musical app with authentic sounds
- Let you memorize & learn many types of sounds
- Kids can explore diverse sound with family
- Platform to learn about 30 famous songs
- Enables to pronounce letters of the alphabet and numbers in different languages
8. Colours & Shapes – Kids Learn Colour and Shape
This is a brilliant app that enables toddlers to learn about object matching and colour recognition skills. Through simple touch screen interactions, the platform lets to solve puzzles and identify and pair up colours.
The app comprises of games which enhances your child’s ability to recognize shapes & colours. Besides, there are additional keyboard tools for making the activities more enjoyable.
- Uninterrupted activities engage both the child & parent
- No in-app purchases or transactions
- Increases child’s interest by giving sticker rewards
- Parents can customize the difficulty settings
- Mini games include painting, look alike, matching, tracing, and building
9. Kids Doodle
Heard of doodles? Those electrified drawings you can see on some videos. Kidsdoodle is a place where your kids can engage in drawing hundreds of neon doodles.
The app is specially designed for kids with about 24 types of brushes & many bright attractive colours. “Movie mode” where kids can watch their artwork moving welcomes more little artists into the app.
- Easy & impressive interface
- Kids can paint on photo or canvas
- Create beautiful drawings with options of undo/redo
- Share your kid’s artworks via Facebook, Instagram etc
- In-built gallery stores every work as well as drawing procedure
10. YouTube kids
YouTube is not an unknown term for kids or any other age group for its endless video streaming. YouTube kids is a video app designed just for children. YouTube kids with its more than 100 million installs is known as the best video app for children.
The app allows various modes namely ‘approved content only’, ‘preschool mode’, ‘younger mode’, ‘older mode’ by the control and type of contents. The app contains a family-friendly library of videos. Parents can easily set viewing preferences, video recommendations and settings for the profile.
- Ensure safe videos by parental customization
- Can create up to eight child profiles
- Keep tabs on what kids are watching in the app
- Offers settings to limit screen time of contents
- Block & flag contents which are inappropriate.
The is one of the most known apps for toddler. It has created award winning stories & learning games for kids. The app is well active on both Android & iOS platforms features a range of 40+ nursery rhymes, phonics, stories, baby songs, and toddler games. Kids can play offline once they download the content.
Delight your child by making them interact with their favourite characters on screen & singing lovely poems. Kidloland was chosen among the best family apps in 2016.
- Tons of entertaining rhymes songs & stories
- Bright and colourful flashcards help to learn first words
- Allows offline watching without any ad interruptions
- Different games available for or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5-year-olds
- Monthly or yearly subscription to get the full content
12. Fruits and Vegetables for Kids
The app takes your child to a world of fruits & vegetables where he/she can learn their names through colourful images. It supports German, Russian & Ukrainian languages apart from English.
Involves your child by showing clipped demo cards on various categories & some funny quizzes. This is an amazing platform for kids to play and learn independently while easily grasping foreign languages.
- Free learning app for children of 1-4 age group
- Fun sound effects & excellent graphics
- Kids can learn a full set of fruits & vegetables
- Activities to test the knowledge & interactive skills of the child
- Fun quiz and flash cards are designed to test their memory
13. ABC Kids-Tracing & phonetics
Have you noticed kids moving their little fingers above the alphabets & automatically clap their hands after finishing each? It is the most amazing feature of ABC kids.
Every child can easily trace an alphabet with its correct phonetic pronunciation. The app offers toys & stickers after tracing alphabets. Kids are enabled to recognize letter shapes and relate them with phonic sounds through tracing games and the fun matching exercises are designed to test their understanding.
- No third-party advertisements
- Kids can easily trace, listen to, and match uppercase and lowercase letters
- Smart & intuitive tracing interface
- Teacher Mode allows to toggle game types
- Parents can watch their child’s progress
14. Kids Balloon Pop game
Your kids love balloons for sure. This app is created for your child to have unlimited Ad-free balloon popping. You can adjust the size & speed of the balloon as your child likes.
The most useful feature is tots can easily learn alphabets & numbers by popping colourful balloons. An in-app purchase can make your child happier with further amazing contents
- An educational game for toddlers & young kids
- This is a completely ad free app
- Designed with 3 game modes-normal, A-Z and 1-20 balloons
- Offers settings for children with visual impairments
- Have amazing animations & graphics with cute animals and backgrounds
15. Toddler Preschool activities
This app portrays 70 exciting games & activities for your toddlers of age 2 to 5. It contains dozens of sounds and voices of colours, shapes, numbers & alphabets. It has a very engaging child interface without any confusing navigations.
- Unlimited playing & learning options for your toddler
- Kids can earn stickers after each lesson
- 60 games to learn letters, counting, differences, colours, shapes, size, words, and matching
- Kid’s mode allows the screen time of your kid to be controlled
- Offers full-screen mode without any interruptions
Download : Android
Read Also : 15 Best Kids learning Apps 2021
16. Kids Preschool Learning games
An interesting app for preschool & kindergarten kids where he/she can study many things including numbers, alphabets, spelling, vehicles, days and months, body parts etc. Kids can engage with 150+ mini kid’s games with interactive voice narrating, colourful graphics, and amazing sound effects.
The app acts as a brain trainer that helps your child with effective learning along with great fun. Kids preschool learning games is a bundle of creative activities for children.
Memory puzzle English game, vocabulary builder, baby home adventure kids, pre k baby phone game to recognize digits, tracing and counting of numbers are among the highlights.
- Improve memory & concentration skills
- Learn vocabulary skills at an incredibly early age
- Offers 750+ drawing pages to draw, colour or doodle
- All in one app with 100+ mini games for kids
- Offers offline viewing of rhymes
Download : Android
17. Kiddopia: Preschool Education & ABC Games for Kids
This is a dynamic app that offers a wide variety of learning option for math, language skills, social skills and GK, to self-expression and creativity. The award-winning app’s fun and exciting game play and stunning visuals engage kids in the best possible ways.
- Good platform for kids to gain General Knowledge
- App develops cognitive skills with options like Jigsaw Puzzles and Memory Game
- Kids can learn early essential curriculum like ABCs, Alphabet Tracing, Spelling, Number Values etc
- Parents can engage kids with nursery rhymes songs & kid’s videos
- Offers creativity-enhancing games for pre-school kids like Colouring Pad
18. Masha & the bear child games
An adorable girl in a pink dress who is the protagonist of the popular cartoon series “Masha & the Bear” play with your children. She calls your child into a collection of 13 mini games with lots of fun & learn. Masha & kids together enjoy activities in the forest like collecting berries, counting butterflies etc.
- Intuitive interface for girls & boys aged 2-9
- Can talk with all characters in the cartoon series through games
- Helps to develop logical thinking and trains visual memory
- Easily enhance concentration, visual memory and counting skills
- Enables reaction and coordination of movements
Download : Android
19. Puzzle kids
This is an exclusive collection of jigsaw puzzles for your kids. The activities include drag & drop puzzles designed for kids & parents to have fun together while challenging the problem-solving skills.
Each mini game of matching shapes, object builder, guess the object& solving the puzzles enhance your child’s recognition and logical skills. Parents can set easier or harder modes for their children &facilitate their learning.
- Kids are enabled to recognize shapes and patterns
- No in- app purchases or ads
- Colourful interface improves cognitive skills
- Kids can easily recognize how shapes fit into a larger picture
- Earn stickers & rewards by playing games
20. ABC PreSchool Kids Tracing & Phonics Learning Game
The app offers over 350+ worksheets for toddlers to learn basic tracing including alphabets, numbers, lines, phonics, shapes & colours.
This award-winning app can be a great platform for toddler, kindergartner, or preschool age to learn English and English alphabets by just following their fingers. Kids can even get familiarized with alphabet sounds with audio for each letter and fun phonics song animations.
- Choose from over 350+ images to colour, paint, draw, or doodle
- Designed with uppercase and lowercase letters to trace
- Kids can engage with ABC animations & counting numbers 1 to 10
- Learn colours while tracing letters and 123 counting
- Tracing games cover curves, slanting lines, straight line, simple lines and free drawings
21. Math Kids – Add, Subtract, Count, and Learn
This is one of the brilliant toddler apps designed to help pre-schoolers, kinder garteners, and 1st graders to learn numbers and mathematics. This interesting game enables toddlers to identify numbers and begin learning the basics with addition and subtraction puzzles.
The app also helps parents to monitor and manage their child’s progress.
- Easily customize game modes to increase or decrease the difficulty
- Enables to learn early mathematics by developing sorting, and logical skills
- Compare games develop counting and comparing skills
- Kids can complete games and earn stickers
- Includes quiz to see the progress of kid’s learning
22. ABC Mouse.com
This is one of the greatest toddler apps designed with 10,000+ exciting learning activities for kids of ages 2-8. This is in fact a research-validated program that focuses on learning while playing. It is being used in more than 70,000 classrooms as the app has proved to successfully accelerate kid’s development of early math skills and literacy.
- Offers thousands of printable activities, songs, games, books, videos, puzzles, and animations
- Covers math, social studies, art, reading, science, and music
- Easy to track and monitor progress
- Ensures kindergarten readiness and 3rd grade readiness
- 900+ books and activities available in Spanish
Toddlers would love to learn and crave for more with fun games and activities on Starfall. The application covers a range of subjects including songs, fiction, and nonfiction stories, reading, math, and more.
Free content is made available for pre-k through third grade. With just an internet connection, kids can access the Starfall library to have a great learning time.
- Platform enables toddlers to learn through exploration
- “Accessibility” link gives you free content online
- Offers an ambience of collaboration, wonderment, and play
- Kids can become intrinsically motivated, confident, and successful
24. Children’s Doctor Dentist
Your kid is now a dentist treating many animals in his/her clinic. Kids become very happy seeing pets getting their teeth clean & smiling.
Babies use various medical tools like tongs, scalpels & many others to treat their pups whose teeth began to ache as they have eaten a lot of sweets. Children’s Doctor dentist helps in the overall development of your child in caring for animals with attentiveness & observations.
- Gets inspired to follow clean teeth habits
- Easily develop basic motor skills and coordination of movements
- Improve kid’s visual perception and attentiveness
- Exciting pet game contributes to kid’s comprehensive development
Read Also: How to create an app like Byjus
While there are so many numbers of amazing and effective best free game apps for toddler available, there are several excellent free apps which will keep your toddler busy without putting a hole in your pocket.
However, you should make sure that your kid isn’t spending too much on smartphones or tablets. For most of the kids, learning with a device starts when they are 2 years old.
So screen time shouldn’t be more than 2 hours. Keep that in mind and let your kid enjoy, learn, and do many things with our above-mentioned free toddler game apps.