Licious is a mind-blowing meat delivery app that was designed to deliver fresh and clean meat, fish, chicken, and eggs online and users can purchase quality stuff at the comfort of their home. Unlike similar apps, it is praised by analysts as a farm to fork model which contains sections for recipes and chef style teaching in addition to providing a wide variety of fresh meat choices.
Analysts are very much impressed by the way the app offers user convenience and its widespread acceptance among people of all generation. There is no wonder why many enthusiasts are already thinking about to create a similar meat delivery app.
Here, let us have a look at how to create an app like Licious and its overall budget!
Success Story of Licious
Licious was launched back in 2015 by Abhay Hanjura and Vivek Gupta. The idea that foodies will go any extend or travel many miles to get quality and variety food was the trigger behind the innovation of such an app.
A platform that caters fresh meat delivery was expected to get an emotional response from foodies which came true when the popularity of the app got skyrocketed in no time.
- With more than 2000 employees, Licious boasts of delivering the meat within two hours of order time.
- The Licious team claims to process more than 17,000 orders every day.
- The focus of brand was consumer loyalty, and the company’s goal was to maintain freshness and product quality in addition to safe and secure transactions.
- An average estimate of a basket size is Rs.700/- and the revenue was a gigantic 1.47 crores the very first year.
- At present, there is a customer base of 3 lakh and more with a whopping revenue of more than 180 crores in the recent records.
- University of California, Bertelsmann India Investments, and 3one4 Capital, are among the major funding sources and they were able to raise $94.5 million in a short span of time.
- Licious is growing year after year and the present stats show a whopping healthy rate of 300%. With assured hygiene of products, introduction of more ready to cook and eat products and various strategies in meat innovation and consumption in the country, the app is expected to hit even more heights in upcoming years.
Core App Features
Aspirants who are looking to create a meat delivery app like Licious can look at the core features of the app. Some interesting features also be easily added to the existing app to enrich the user experience.
A person looking to develop a meat delivery app can usually choose from three styles of business models
App For Your Outlets
If you are already an established meat seller with different outlets, an app can help you to expand or rebrand your business. A centralized admin panel can manage multiple outlets, operations are automated, and businesses can be managed more efficiently.
White Label App Development
An app of this model can enable different shops to channelize the delivery and supply of their products. A customizable white label app can empower several meat shops where a decent revenue can be earned.
This is the third form of app style which is closer to what Licious does. This platform lets diverse sellers to market their products. The consumers can easily browse through the available sellers and choose the desired one to place order online which will be handled by the app’s logistics service. The best part is that you do not always need a meat shop on your own but a handful of trusted partners.
This is a comprehensive app that includes a profile for customer, vendor/partner, delivery agent and an admin panel that acts as a bridge among all these profiles.
Read Also: 24 Best Food Delivery Apps 2021
#1. Online Order Booking
This important feature of the app lets a customer to easily and conveniently place an order based on thespecific requirement.
#2. Real-Time Order Tracking
There should be an in-app navigation feature that allows the customers to track their order in real time that helps them to know the estimate time of product delivery.
#3. Multiple Payment Options
This section is meant to help customer to make an effortless and secure payment for their order by choosing from online banking, debit/credit cards, integrated wallets or simply choose a COD option.
#4. Rating and Feedback System
This feature lets users to give their feedback or suggestions based on their experience with the order. You can add additional options to separately rate based on product quality, timeliness, rider behaviour and overall experience.
#5. Advanced Filters
This feature helps users to easily filter the item choices based on the type of meat, price range etc
#6. Saved Location
This is a user-friendly feature that helps users to save their frequently used delivery locations like home, workplace etc which saves a lot of time.
#7. Multiple Bookings
This option gives an opportunity for users to order different meats from different locations without needing to wait for the first order to complete.
Delivery Agent App
#1. Delivery Status Update Tool
This feature is meant for the delivery agent to effortlessly update the status of delivery. An option can be added to integrate the customer’s digital signature for authentication.
#2. Profile Management
This section can include options to change their profile details like profile picture, contact information etc. Options like checking customer reviews and feedback and a tab for their overall rating as a delivery agent can be included.
#3. Shortest Route Tracking
This feature is meant to calculate and display the shortest and fastest route for delivering an order.
#4. Online / Offline Mode
An offline/online toggle will help delivery agents to be flexible in deciding their delivery hours which is useful when they take a tea or toilet break.
This is a great option which helps delivery agents to sync their bank account details to receive payment from admin. There can be option to give multiple payment options and select one as default for easy tracking.
Vendor / Partner App
#1. Product and Cost Management
This feature is to help vendors to easily add or remove the food items, change the price, or even add details of promotional offers for particular products or discounts, if any.
#2. Real-Time Order / Fleet Tracking
A vendor can use this feature to visit the real time dashboard to view the fleet status or track order delivery time to make sure that the order reaches customers on time.
The notification panel is designed for vendors to target their potential customers. They can use this feature to notify any promotional offers, reward points or add any personalized offers for regular customers.
The report feature can be included to help vendors to get business insights or to flawlessly analyse the daily expenses to build new strategies.
#5. Stock Management
This feature is designed to set or change the availability of specific food items based on availability.
#1. Vendor / Store Management
An admin can use this feature to update various information related to vendor including owner name, address details, contact number, commission rate etc.
#2. Customer Management
This section can be used as a reference where admins can reach anytime to view any relevant information regarding customer including name, contact details, order history etc.
#3. Real-Time Fleet / Order Tracking
This is a single dashboard where admins can view details regarding complete fleet and orders.
#4. Multiple Payment Receiving Options
Admin can monitor the receiving of payment in the account using multiple payment options including net banking, credit/debit cards and integrated wallets.
Admin can refer this section to access graphical reports regarding the business insights that usually cover sales and profits, expenses etc.
Technology Stack to Create an App Like Licious
Even though there are many mind-blowing technologies available for app creation, the right mix of options can indeed offer a rich user experience. Here let us have a look at the different technologies that are needed to create an innovative app like Licious
- Deployment Platforms- iOS, Android
- Utilities- Google Analytics, Google Maps, Google Tag Manager
- Web server: NGINX
- Data Integration- New Relic One
- Business tools- Gmail, Google Fonts
- Application and Data- jQuery, Slick, Animate.css
- Data Science: Amazon /machine Learning
- Data Analytics- Tableau software
- Mobile Analytics- Clever Tap
- Web Performance – Cloudflare
- Sales and lead generation- Salesforce Data.com, Salesforce CRM
Development Team to Create an App like Licious
To create an innovative app like Licious, it is always recommended to have a brilliant development team which can make a remarkable impact in the overall outcome.
A proper balance among the team members, effective communication strategies as well as the skill set of the team members can count a lot in the overall app creation efficiency. Here let us look at the must have inclusions of such a crucial development team.
- iOS and Android Developers
- Back-end Developers
- QA Engineers
- Scrum Masters
- Quality Analysts
- Business Analysts
- UI/UX Designers
- System Administrators
- Project Manager
- Team Managers
How Much Does It Cost to Create an App like Licious?
An especially important element of an app creation is estimating the overall cost of the project. The best idea is to firstly calculate the estimate of building a basic meat delivery app and then expand your budget accordingly to include additional options and features.
Some of the crucial factors that can impact the app development cost can include all or most of the following:
- Time frame
- Number of members in team
- Technology stack
- Hourly rate of development team
- Product design
- Product features
- Project size and complexity
- Location of development team
Like in the case of any other app, it is always hard to calculate an exact cost well in advance but the only option available is to have a rough estimate of the possible cost and keep a buffer ready to cover up in case of any late minute feature inclusions, sudden change of plan or any surprises that can come in the later part of the project.
According to analysts, a considerably basic app can be developed with a cost of around $12,000 whereas the cost can go up to $40,000 for sophisticated app versions with additional features like customized searches, push notifications, social media sharing, CMS for articles and news etc.
As we have mentioned, location of the developers is crucial in deciding the cost range. For instance, Indian developers usually charge between $10 and $80 per hour for a food delivery app, whereas it can be between $30 and $150 for Eastern Europe and between $50 and $250 in the US.
How Can an App Like Licious Be Monetized?
Have you ever thought about the possibilities of monetization when developing an app like Licious? Unlike other apps, there are rather straight forward ways to make money through such apps without creating any fuss for the end customers.
- The app can very well charge a commission rate for each order created and the restaurants will not mind it either as they are getting a platform to increase their customer base.
- Another option is to take up delivery of orders from restaurants who do not have a dedicated delivery service and charge a delivery fee based on distance or may be a fixed percentage of the total order cost.
- A delivery surcharge during peak hours like lunch and dinner can create an extra revenue. The idea followed by such apps is to limit menus and delivery locations and set an extra rate to make them available.
- Similar food delivery apps often use the option of advertisements to earn an extra income. For instance, the app can feature restaurants for some additional cost. Admin can even consider the restaurant ratings before featuring them to give a genuine experience for the food consumers.
Read Also : How to Create an App Like Swiggy
There are a lot of meat delivery apps already available with amazing features. So, aspirants who are looking to create an app like Licious should take a note that their goal should not be just about designing a basic app but developing an outstanding one with exclusive features and user comfort to make it stand out in the list.
Planning phase is the key to an app creation when you should think of all possible ways to deliver the basic facilities expected out of such an app and bring out of the box ideas to include exclusive features to make a lasting impact.