College students can rely on certain apps that are built to help them study better and enhance convenience as they go about living college life. However, Online App stores like Google Play store and iTunes Apps store are flooded with thousands of apps, and downloading them means running out of mobile storage space.
So it is important for college students to download and keep only those apps offering value in terms of productivity, best practices and rich learning.
But how to know which one is worth installing and interacting with for a long time? In this blog post, we have come up with greatest finds in terms of student-friendly apps.
They are highly recommendable and empower many aspects of your student life. You may decide to download them after learning how they can add value.
Let’s take a look at these 15 finest apps for college students listed below:
|Forest||StudyBlue Flashcards||My Study Life|
|Google Docs||LinkedIn: Jobs||Asana|
1. Quizlet: Learn Languages & Vocab with Flashcards
The app is a great platform that helps to practice and master what you are learning by creating your own flashcards and study sets. You may even choose outstanding ones from millions created by other students.
It is one of the leading education and flashcard apps for college students that make studying languages, science, history and vocabulary simple and effective.
- Listen to your material pronounced correctly in 18 languages
- Race against the clock in a game of Match
- Put your memory to the test with Write
- Enhance your studying with custom images and audio
- Get test-day ready with Learn
TED Talks app is one of the must have apps for college students, which is designed to feed your curiosity and expand your world.
Students can explore more than 3,000 TED Talks from notable people, by topic from tech and science and boost the knowledge base. The app in fact helps to stay curious, informed and inspired.
- Easily browse the entire TED Talks video library, with subtitles in over 100 languages
- Download video or audio of talks for offline playback
- Allows you to build a custom playlist, tailored to fit your ideal timeframe
- Bookmark talks for later and play during free time
3. Pocket: Save. Read. Grow
This cool app lets you to save the latest stories, articles, videos, news, sports from any device, publisher or app and curate your own space filled with topics of your interest.
Pocket’s clean layout and customizable display allows room for a relaxing reading and viewing experience.
- Its typography and layout keep reading comfortable for longer stretches
- Its listen feature turns any news story, article, or blog post into a hands-free, eyes-free learning experience
- New dark and sepia themes helps to reduce visual stimulation while reading before you sleep
- It surfaces ‘best of web’ content discovered by our users and verified by our curators
- Premium version features advanced search, unlimited highlights and automatic article backups
The app has rapidly become the world’s definitive source for instant expert knowledge and computation and college students can have this app on the device to learn smarter on the go.
Their vast collection of data and algorithms efficiently compute answers and create reports for you.
- Use the power of Wolfram’s computational intelligence to answer your questions
- Get homework help and complete your projects and assignments on time
- Calculate units and measurements “Seconds in a nanocentury”
- Get fitness information “Running calculator”
- Get trivia answers “Number of tennis balls that can fit in a Boeing 747”
5. Trello: Organize anything with anyone, anywhere!
College students can make use of this comprehensive visual tool for organizing their projects and assignments efficiently. The customizable and simple boards, lists, and cards allow tackling to-do lists with ease and minimize the mental load.
- Notifications let you stay informed when cards are assigned, updated, and completed
- App saves data offline and provides later whenever you need it
- Easily add checklists, labels, and due dates for projects and fuel the speed to complete it before deadline
- Give a new perspective to projects by adding locations or Power-Ups like a calendar view of your due dates
Read Also : 18 Best Apps For Teachers & Educators 2020
6. School Planner
This is one of the great handy apps for college students to plan and organize everything and utilize the time efficiently. The app is simple, fast and intuitive and the students can manage the events and activities more easily.
The app comes with a beautiful and modern design that is inspired by Google’s Material Design.
- Gives reminders and notifications for homework, assignments, exams
- Built-in calendar helps to catch up and coordinate daily schedules
- Automatic calculation of average helps to manage your grades and subjects
- Lectures can be recorded and organize them automatically
- Easily sync data with all devices and back up the data on Google Drive
7. Forest: Stay focused
College students can stay focused during their crucial days at the campus with the cutest gamified timer. The app put forwards an interesting way to beat phone addiction, overcome distraction and become more self-motivated. It is also the best cure for procrastination.
- Creative options reduce procrastination and make you productive
- Track your focused moments in a simple and pleasant way
- Pro version lets you track your daily phone usage and screen time
- Turn your focused moments into a lovely big forest
- Earn rewards and unlock new tree species
8. StudyBlue Flashcards & Quizzes
The crowd sourced materials library of the app helps students to crush the exams with ease and the platform lets you turn anything and everything into a productive study time.
The materials can be organized with ease and get connected, learn, and conquer the courses together with your classmates.
- Students can create, study and share the digital flashcards for free
- Study materials can be organized with images and audio
- Effortlessly set study reminders, track your progress and even quiz yourself
- Allows you to copy and edit flashcards and make your own version
- Study materials can be accessed seamlessly across devices
9. My Study Life – School Planner
This is one of the must have apps for college students to manage the study life easily by integrating all areas of your academic life. This free and easy to use application lets you store classes, homework and exams in the cloud which can accessed anytime despite device and location.
- Easily track your tasks like homework, assignments, reminders and revision
- Get reminders for unfinished tasks, upcoming exams and classes before they even start
- View your classes in an instantly identifiable and familiar week view.
- Manage your classes effortlessly through advanced academic year/term support and day and week rotation timetables
10. Google Docs
College students can have this handy app on their device to create, edit and collaborate with others on documents on the go. Unlike similar apps, it allows to create anywhere and anytime even when you are offline.
It is especially handy if you are a part of team working on a project and need to connect and share with them.
- Easily create new documents or edit existing files
- Allows to do research, right in Docs with Explore
- No worries of losing data as everything gets saved automatically
- Share documents and collaborate in the same document at the same time
- You can add and respond to comments with ease
11. LinkedIn: Jobs, Business News & Social Networking
College life is the time when students should build their dreams about their career and having this awesome app can be a boost on the go. You can start following the right people, companies and pages to expand your network and land on the right job profile.
LinkedIn learning is another great option which gives you access to thousands of core courses, get certificates and sharpen your skills to enrich your profile.
- Connect to the largest social network of professionals from around the globe
- Build your profile and start looking for your dream job
- Share articles and write your own posts to enhance your presence
- Easily connect with top recruiters, professionals and companies
- Import contacts for a quick and easy way to grow your network
12. Asana: organize team projects
This is one of the best apps for college students that help them to capture tasks, to-dos, reminders and ideas easily and effectively, especially when handling projects.
It is free to download and use and users can view and organize the task list every time you open Asana.
- Add due dates, assignees, followers, details, and files to your tasks
- Complete tasks on the go and notify your team that your work is finished when working in group projects
- Add tasks, projects, teams, files, and up to 15 people for free
- Make changes offline and updates will sync in Asana when you are back online
- Easily search across all of your work to find the information you need quickly
13. Evernote – Notes Organizer & Daily Planner
From professionals to young learners, Evernote helps everyone to manage everything on the go. You can use the app to store your big projects, personal diary and special moments and no wonder college students love it.
- Easily save online lectures, webinars, event pictures and other contents that you find on internet
- Input typed notes or scan handwritten notes, add to-dos, photos, images, web pages, or audio
- Access it anytime and anywhere so you never miss deadlines
- Create notebooks, organizers, planners and organize them and share with others
- Use Evernote as a digital notepad, planner and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts
14. Dropbox: Cloud Storage to Backup, Sync, File Share
Having excellent organizational and time management skills are top priorities for efficient learning and this app can be a handy solution. College students can manage, store and access all the documents, photos and video contents from a single online place.
- Allows you to upload and transfer files to the cloud, and share them with anyone
- Preview over 175 file types with no special software required
- Easily scan documents to cloud photo storage using your camera
- Sign up for free and get 2 TB (2,000 GB) of storage
- Easily send large files by copying and pasting a link you can give to anyone, even for non-users
15. Prezi Viewer
Presentations and seminars are part of college life and this free app lets you view, practice, and present on the go. Enjoy the same smooth rendering you get with your computer and the app makes things easy for you amidst your tight schedules.
- Make your messages more engaging and persuasive with visual storytelling
- Access and view all your presentations online or offline
- Easily connect your Android or iOS device to present on the big screen
- Share your presentations via a link over email, messaging, or social media
- Zoom in on details and pan to reveal the big picture in context
Read Also : 15 Best Learning Apps For Kids 2020
These are the top 15 best iOS and Android apps that we can think of for college students. Students can make their life better and easier using these apps in their mobile device.
You can try a few of them depending on the purpose it serves and keep those you can’t live the college life without. There are also other handy apps for college students that you may find in online stores.