TikTok is the most trending and popular app as compared to all the music video apps. Previously known as ‘Musical.ly’, TikTok is gradually becoming a leading app in the app stores, ready to sweep through the bigger market size.
Active in 150 countries in 75 languages, TikTok was launched in China in September 2016 and created by Zhang Yiming in 2012. In August 2018, TikTok merged with a musical.ly app whose user accounts were transferred to TikTok.
The version of the app active in China goes by the name Douyin. When juxtaposed with its close competitors like Spotify, Pandora (considered a good source of musical entertainment); TikTok clearly emerges stronger and more resilient.
Surprisingly, the success rate of the TikTok app is rising exponentially up which is manifest from the fact that by 2020, it is predicted to be no.1 trending app in app stores.
Unique Traits of TikTok: A Competitive Advantage
The TikTok app allows users to create a 15-second video content, with the audio clips or dialogues in the background.
Additionally, what makes the substantial difference and separates it from others is that users can share content with lip-syncing, dancing, comedy skits, and many more.
In the end, the karaoke feel it creates gives it a competitive edge. Here is the glance at its TikTok app statistics:
Usage and User Statistics:
- In September 2018, TikTok was a free downloaded app on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- In November 2018, according to Apple App Store and Google Play Store, TikTok was on the third rank.
- In June 2018, the global rank of the TikTok app was no. 4.
- In S. TikTok’s engagement is 29%
- Tiktok users spend 52 minutes per day as declared by Kleiner Perkins.
- TikTok has been installed 1.27 billion times on a device.
- As Apptopia validates, In October 2018, TikTok sessions burgeoned from 58 million per day to 72 million.
- , 56% male and 45% female are using the TikTok app.
- According to the age group, 20% of users are within the age of 19, 33% of users are aged 20 to 24, 28% of users are of 25 to 29 age, 14% of users are of 30 to 34 age, 4% of users are of 35 to 39 age, 2% of them belong to the rest.
TikTok does not allow paid advertising on the app till now and is free-to-use. However, users have to purchase some emojis and digital gifts. Till October 2018, TikTok earns $3.5 million because of the in-app purchases.
By 2019, total amount users have spent is $97.4 million. TikTok has predicated the total revenue increment in 2019 and 2020 by $4.8 million and $8.2 million roughly.
Controversial facts about TikTok:
- On 3rd July 2018, TikTok was banned in Indonesia by the Indonesian Government because of inappropriate content. After this TikTok promised the Indonesian government to make a team of 20 members who censor the inappropriate content. After this negotiation, the Indonesian government eliminates the ban on 11th July 2018.
- In November 2018, the Bangladesh Government blocks TikTok’s internet access.
- In 2018, TikTok was admonished by the Chinese media auditor for showing inappropriate content about adolescent pregnancy.
- In January 2019, the Chinese government censored 100 types of content.
- In February 2019, some Indian politicians asked for a ban on Tiktok after certain inaccurate content.
Read Also: How To Create A Messaging App Like Whatsapp
Features Required To Develop App Like TikTok
The login screen supposes to be the most attractive screen of the app. The login form should be small and provide the facility to log in through their social media account, to save extra and unnecessary steps.
2) Video Section
This is the main section of the app; it should get the maximum attention in development and user front.
Allow users to not only create and share but also to save them for their later use. The users should also allow sharing their videos on social media.
Users should get notified about the likes and shares on their videos and they get instant updates about the persons they follow.
Users should allow making changes in the setting section about their profile, password, and blocked users.
Admin panel features
In the admin panel, the admin will be able to manage and control the following tasks:
- Content management
- Notification management
- User management
- Flagged video management
- Report handling
After the app is thoroughly built, Admin panel will be the final result of the development process and technical elements introduced in the app.
Cost to create an app like TikTok
Determining the exact app development cost to create TikTok depends on several factors, including:
- The number of hours consumed
- Platform of preference
- Design complexity
- Features Required/Additional features
- Resources used
- Region to target
Choose whether you want to create an app like TikTok for iOS users or android users or both. after choosing, you to have to start the development of the app according to the chosen format.
Create a list of the extra features, you want to add in your app and the cost of extra features of the app is added to the development of TikTok.
The features which you want to add in the future; calculate the cost of those features also. Make sure you should list out the loopholes in the unique features of your app.
The cost of all the resources required in the development process is also added. Resources like technology, interface, tools, programming, database, etc.
Regional limits of starting phase
Cost of development also varies based on its region-specific availability. It depends on whether you want your app to be available exclusively in your country or you want to expand its usage to other global regions just like TikTok did.
The big region needs a strong database and a small region needs proportionate size. The best way to tackle this criterion is to first create an app for the local region for limited use, just like MVP. Once the idea grows popular enough, consider expanding it globally.
The success of the unique idea is married compatibly with uniqueness of the design itself. TikTok should inspire you to come up with a catchy, eye-friendly design UI and logo.
TikTok especially exhibits its Karaoke music sign which goes to speak volume about how clever and exemplary it appears in the end.
Finally, the cost
Usually, the approximate cost of development touched somewhere around $25,000 which includes basic functionalities, But, upon choosing outstanding features with highly advanced, unparalleled interface, the cost is likely to rise up to $40,000-$60,000.
Read Also: 24 Best Social Media Apps 2019
Mobile app development process inherently contains inevitable challenges and complexities, both obvious and ulterior.
Many of them are usually related to technical efforts, choices of resources and overall cost of development as well as post-development marketing.
While achieving success as big (and as startling) as TikTok app, one must remember that, albeit otherwise free-to-use, TikTok usually generates its major slice of revenue from advertisement and in-app purchases.
Making sure you commence well and adhere to all the industry standards to perfection means finding the right professional technical partner who understands every block of the entire app build.
If you stumble across any doubt of TikTok app’s cost or to create such an app, you can surely approach and share your expectations with us.
Exclusive Bonus: Download as PDF