Geo-Conquesting that falls in the category of location-based marketing is becoming the main focus of digital advertising. This mainly targets on sending messages to target audience based on their current location.
As consumers tend to move from traditional browsing methods to mobile phone ads, advertisers concentrate more on mobile marketing techniques to reach out the audience. The success of this method depends upon the speed of your marketing efforts and the ability to keep up with on-the-go consumers.
How does Geo-Conquesting help Mobile Advertising?
Geo-Conquesting is a variation of Geo-fencing or Geo-targeting. Here, digital ads are restricted as they are only shown on the basis of location of a customer’s IP address.
Today, location-based services have become a necessary element in our daily life. Most of us depend on the GPS to check-in to restaurants, cafe, other shops, etc. via Facebook or even share location with family/friends on WhatsApp. Therefore, the practice has shown to grow in the past few years.
Here are a few ways in which Geo-conquesting is evolving mobile space and the opportunity this strategy provides for extending the reach and success to users through ads:
• It creates a boundary around a defined area, such as a few miles around the targeted store. Ads are only sent to people who moves across this boundary
• Ads are shown to people in a specific city, state or within a particular pin-code that you target. This is to ensure that ads focus on people who would want to visit your store
• Allows advertisers to intercept customers. Price cuts and other offers are given to entice users away from competitors
• Many digital ad agencies use a combination of both Geo-conquesting and Geo-fencing to influence users
• This advertising technique is generally popular among restaurants & hotels, retail stores, or any other businesses or industries, financial services, insurance, telecommunication sectors, etc.
• As Geo-conquesting leverage users’ current location, time, state of mind etc. you can create a highly effective and applicable advertisement to achieve significant user engagement level to drive competitors’ customers to yours
• Costs for mobile ads are relatively low when compared to other traditional advertising methods
• As competition is increasing in the field of advertising, hyper-local mobile ads is the best choice to offer value added services.
• This strategy of advertising mainly focuses on marketing your business, products and services to the right consumers at the right time
• For some consumers, it provides customized actions as in the form of search results, banner ads, etc. that promote a unique product with better price offers than the competitor store
• For regular customers, special push notifications are triggered when users enter the targeted location. This can include one-time offers & deals, discounts etc.
• Geo-conquesting strategy of advertising is generally used in coffee shops/restaurants to generate more traffic and higher revenue. Local shops/café use such banner ads, push notifications, etc. to attract customers with promises of limited time offerings, unique flavours and faster services
Advertisers are grabbing the latest targeting technologies to drive consumers to their locations and create loyalists. Smart phones give mobile marketers the ability to analyse a consumer’s current and future location behaviours for shaping the relevant mobile ad content to achieve higher user engagement levels.
To achieve the target audience, you need to have a valid reason that why consumers need to leave the other store and come to yours. So be creative enough and offer something, that is, relevant to an individual’s intentions in a particular moment of choice.