For the first time ever, Xiaomi has launched a smartphone manufactured from its unit at Vishakhapatnam. The phone is Redmi 2 Prime, which is priced at Rs.6,999/-
“It is a matter of pride to have Xiaomi set up the manufacturing unit here in India.” said N Chandrababu Naidu, the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister who was present at the launch event of the smartphone.
The features of the smartphone include
- MIUI 6, based on Android 4.4 KitKat.
- 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor (Cortex-A53) and Adreno 306 GPU
- 4.7-inch IPS display with HD (720×1280 pixel) resolution and 312ppi
- 2GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel rear camera
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- microSD card (up to 32GB).
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS besides 4G LTE (TDD/FDD) network support
- Available in five colour variants – Yellow, Pink, Green, White, and Black,
- 2200mAh battery
- 133 grams and is 9.4mm-thick.