The industrial world is going through a digital revolution and IoT is making a remarkable change over the past few decades. All kind of services in various industries are getting smarter with sensors as well as intelligent controls. Using the advanced technologies, the data is being used in a better way to improve operations, minimize expense, enhance productivity and importantly offering a safer workplace.
The idea behind the use of IoT is to establish a good connection between independent entities such as robots, machines, and humans to get the best of all. Even when more or less all the industries are witnessing some positive changes with IoT, certain sectors such as education, hospitality, advertising, automobiles as well as manufacturing is undergoing some serious changes.
Let us have a look at the impact that is made by IoT in the main industry platforms:
With IoT, the typical machines are now getting replaced with innovative systems that offer unparalleled performance with sensors and intelligent controls. Data is easily transferred between the machines and storage and retrieval of data is taking place easily over the internet.
Here are some key changes in the manufacturing industry with IoT:
- The time of service of a machine is predicted in advance avoiding an unexpected breakdown.
- The intelligent power solutions are helping to get things done in minimal time and effort and saves the power for future
- Data from the machines is used wisely and circulated among the team to find solutions in a quick mode
- IT-optimized smart manufacturing helps to use the staff in a more productive way.
This particular industry is witnessing an absolute revolution with connected vehicles. The artificial intelligence and sensors are in fact taking the driver’s seat and the touch of a button is giving you everything you need inside a car. Here are a few IoT trends in automotive sector:
- Connected vehicles: Traffic congestion is eased off to a great extent with vehicles connecting each other
- Innovative sensors: The car’s operation is regularly monitored and alerts are provided to assure safety and security
- Driverless cars: Last but not the least, cars without drivers are in the market now where artificial intelligence is replacing humans
Unlike any other industry, IoT has a remarkable value when it comes to health care industry. The right mix of IoT features and medical devices can help get the best of science advantages while saving lives of many people. The IoT apps help with preventive interventions and constant monitoring and providing personalized care which is the most important.
Some key benefits of IoT on healthcare include:
- Wearable devices: The instant feedback with such devices helps to prevent emergencies
- Remote healthcare: The healthcare apps helps patients with real time data access and analysis and timely notifications on check ups
- Patient centric care: Services are offered depending on the specific care needed for the patient
With availability of affordable IoT enabled devices, teachers, students as well as school administrators are getting the better out of today’s technology. This is causing serious changes in the way boring classroom sessions are slowly changing into interactive classrooms where students are craving for more learning.
Here are some key areas where IoT helps educational sector:
- Safe learning environment: The options such as sensors and empowered cameras monitor and secure students within the premises.
- Engaged learning: The advanced options such as interactive whiteboards keeps students engaged for a long time
- Support for special need students: IoT enabled classrooms helps to overcome their physical and cognitive limitations
- Quality school administration: Practical solutions with quick data storage, tracking and analysis saves space and time while improving overall efficiency
We saw that online shopping trend is taking over the retail shopping and IoT is gradually changing this trend with the benefits of both in a single mode. The augmented and virtual reality headsets are going to be the key to help the customers to make their selection from variety of choices. In the case of outfits, you can simply try hundreds of outfits in a few minutes and go for the one that suits you the best. The selection can be made from larger catalogues unlike the retail shops but getting the feel of actual retail shopping.
Smart buildings are the best sign that internet of things is making a drastic impact on the construction industry. In addition to impressive occupant comfort, they are helping to save costs and offer unprecedented energy. The improved physical security is the highlighted benefit of smart buildings equipped with IoT apps. The protection of buildings can be established in real time with sensor cameras that works round the clock. The official buildings are making use of these features to avoid the possible potential security breach that can cause them huge.
Here are a few benefits for construction and real estate industry with the influence of IoT:
- Efficient building operations
- Improved margins for building developers
- Good tenant relationships
- Innovative revenue generation opportunities
The experience of people abroad and on air is witnessing a drastic change with the influence of IoT. Custom meals with their personal preferences can be made well in advance before they fall hungry. The facial recognition features at the place of stay helps managers to identify the person and treat them with all honour. Personalization is the key when IoT takes over as guests can be provided with automated temperature and light settings of their preference upon arrival.
Here are some key benefits of IoT in hospitality:
- Guestroom automation
- Location based suggestions
- Key-less entry with mobile apps
- Predictive maintenance
With an increase in the wearable devices with IoT, advertisers are finding it really easy to improve the reach of their customers. The product or service promotions can be circulated among the potential users at a comparatively faster rate. The advertising professionals are considering the smart products as a better screen or channel to convey their information.
As smart devices can easily monitor a person’s behaviour pattern and areas of interest, a wise professional can grab the opportunity at the right time. Moreover, the advertising can be tailored to encourage conversions. Effective ad campaigns are built over the IoT platforms in the global digital space.
IoT creates a lot of opportunities in the engineering industry and the professionals are turning more creative and facing new challenges each day. As more and more connected devices are in demand every day, the professionals get chance to explore what they have learned in the span or think out of the box to come up with even more exciting solutions.
According to IDC research, IoT market is expected to hit $1.7 trillion by the year 2020. In order to give a good competition in your industry, it would be a wise idea to go for IoT apps. It may seem optional now but if you set back now, it would be too late for you when IoT becomes an integral part to survive. IoT app development is not much of a big deal now as there are lots of enthusiasts around who can handle the job for you with ease. Go for an mobile app development company who can provide high quality end products within the stipulated time frame.