Android Wear (Wear OS) is a comprehensive operating system that makes your smartwatches a lot smarter than you could imagine and lets you control the smartphones on the go. But not all android apps that you use on your smartphones are compatible with your wrist wear.
These amazing apps possess incredible ability to show notifications, entertain users, track fitness and perform a lot more. Some of them rely on partner app on paired smart phone device while a few works as a stand-alone functionality.
However, approach these android wear apps just on a convenience perspective and don’t expect the complete functionality like what you can do with your handsets.
But you can expect all sorts of handy capabilities including quick updates and notifications; can attend or make calls and stay organized on the go.
Let us have a look at some of the top android wear apps that you can look out for in 2020.
|Stocard||Infinity Loop||Android Sleep||Spotify|
|Google Maps||Uber||Google Fit||Tinder|
1. Stocard – Rewards Cards Wallet
Is your card or wallet pushing out because of too many cards in your pocket? With Stocard app, there is an all-in-one way out that let you keep your membership and loyalty cards secure, safe and hassle-free. As it is now available for Android Wear, users are at real comfort.
- Digitalize your wallet by scanning the code on your plastic cards within seconds
- Browse coupons, discounts, flyers and catalogues in Stocard
- Add any card in Stocard with a QR code to Wallet
- During shopping, get the barcode on your phone scanned by the cashier to receive your points
2. Infinity Loop ®
Playing games in your wrist watch may seem not really practical considering the screen space. However, Infinity Loop ® is an interesting choice of android wear app in games category.
This puzzle game can help you stay relaxed when waiting for a few minutes at the train station or bus stop or while on travel.
- Game is a fun way of increasing your logic skills
- There are infinite numbers of levels for the game
- User can go forward by creating intricate looping patterns
- Game can be played for absolutely free of cost
3. Sleep as Android Sleep cycle smart alarm
More than 10 million users across the globe are using the app to track and monitor their sleep patterns. The handset can be just placed on the bed to use the app but the wearable version makes things even more comfortable.
- Performs sleep talk recording, snoring detection and anti-snoring
- Offers gentle nature sound alarms and playlists
- Gives sleep score by assessing duration, deficit, deep sleep %, snoring, efficiency and irregularity
- Wearable tracking supports Pebble, Wear OS, Garmin Connect IQ, Mi Band, Tizen based Samsung wearables
4. Spotify: Free Music and Podcasts Streaming
Even when you can’t enjoy the complete functionality just like your handset, the globally renowned streaming music app is now available on Android Wear.
Users can now easily browse through recently played songs or playlists and tap to play right from the watch screen.
- Listen to music, albums, playlists, and podcasts wherever you are
- App offers free music, playlists and thousands of podcasts that can’t be found anywhere else
- Discover new music, albums, and podcasts from handset and later play from wrist wear
- Users can find music for any mood and activity
5. Lifesum – Diet Plan, Macro Calculator & Food Diary
This is a good app choice for health-conscious people to easily tracks the food and water intake and attain the right balance. The app helps you to set personal health goals and motivate you to success with a simple but powerful personalized plan.
- Get diet plan, food diary, macro calculator; calorie counter and healthy recipes right on the wrist
- Tests are available to discover which food planner is the most suitable based on schedule and lifestyle
- Offers calorie counter & food tracker with barcode scanner for easy logging
- Health tracker lets you stay on top of fitness and health with personalized plan
Read Also : 24 Best Android Apps 2020
The fastest and most popular instant messaging app with over millions of users across globe is now available for Android Wear. Users can now view chats, create groups, take chat history and instantly reply to messages via text or audio message right from the wrist.
- Wearable version offers customized themes that can be changed according to users wish
- It is simple, fast, secure, and synced across all your devices
- This reliable android wear app is built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible
- There are no ads or subscription fees for usage
7. Shazam: Discover songs & lyrics in seconds
When you go out in gyms, clubs, malls or shops, you may come across some awesome music. But you may not always know the song title or artist and there is no way you can trace the song if you would love to hear it again later.
There is no more room for worry as Shazam app helps you discover the song in just a few seconds and the info will be synchronized on your account across devices for later reference.
- Users can easily discover, artists, lyrics, videos & playlists for free
- Get recommended songs and playlists to discover new music
- Find out what is popular in your country or city with Shazam charts
- Easily share songs with friends through social media platforms
8. Google Keep – notes and lists
This is a convenient app to relieve of your ideas, thoughts, and to-do-list with good focus or to effortlessly write your article outlines, list to do for the week or a month or grocery shopping lists.
The OK Google voice command lets you to dictate your thoughts that get transcribed to notes instantly.
- Easily plan that surprise party by sharing your Keep notes with others and collaborating on them in real time
- Quickly capture what’s on your mind and get a reminder later at the right place or time
- Record a voice memo and Keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
- Easily capture a thought or list for yourself, and share it with friends and family
9. Runkeeper – GPS Track Run Walk
It is one of the best fitness apps that are made available for Android Wear that easily keeps track of your running and other activities and motivates you to stay healthy.
Users can set personalized goals for running pace and weight loss and app guides you through the process.
- Offers personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule and gives helpful reminders
- Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends and stay motivated
- Easily set a motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time
- Save, discover, and build new exercise routes with GPS
10. Calm – Meditate, Sleep, Relax
Apple Watches are known for awesome apps that supports meditation and relaxation exercises. The Calm app is a great alternative in the Wear OS platform that lets you experience meditations right from your wrist.
- Guided meditation sessions are available in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes
- A new 10-minute program is added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
- Offers life changing Calm master classes taught by world-renowned experts
- Make the best use of exclusive music engineered to help you focus, relax or sleep
11. Pulse SMS (Phone/Tablet/Web)
Pulse SMS is among the top class texting apps that are offered for Android Wear OS. It is one of the very few messaging apps that are made available for all three platforms.
- Endless global and per-conversation customization options, along with thousands of colour choices
- It is Password protected and allows private conversations
- Easily set automated replies based on contacts, keywords, and driving/vacation modes
- Allows to sync your SMS and MMS messages available across all of your devices
12. Bring! Grocery Shopping List
This is one of the best and convenient shopping list apps available for the Android Wear that offers a great experience for smartwatch users.
Let it be any type of events or similar occasions, this android wear app lets you share the shopping lists to friends, family members or colleagues by creating groups right from your wrist.
- It is a clean, uncluttered and easy-to-use shopping list app for Android Wear OS
- Clear labels and icons make it easier for users to add products and photos
- Leave your heavy wallet at home and save all your loyalty cards in your Bring! wallet instead
- Get individual shopping suggestions and reminders tailored to your specific needs
13. Citymapper: Subway, Bus & Train Live Transit Times
This is actually a refreshing guide that gives live information to your wristwatch while you are having a stroll through a new town or the status of the public transport while at home.
The app offers you the best route possible and updates the real-time bus, taxi, train; and ferry data.
- Trip planner combines all transport modes in your city to find the fastest route
- Get real-time step-by-step directions, including live bus times and alarm to get off the bus
- Receive alerts when your favourite lines are disrupted
- Get directed to the best pick up spots for your cab
14. AccuWeather: Weather alerts & live forecast radar
This is one of the first and best weather apps that were made available in Android Wear OS support. All the basic features like current temperature, weather alerts (U.S. only), forecast, radar, wind speed and humidity are now accessible from wrist.
- Get today’s weather forecast and be prepared for any sudden changes with live alerts, radar maps, and detailed reports
- Get worldwide weather updates if you are home or away
- Read articles and watch videos that are updated regularly and personalized to your needs
- Control what type of weather alerts you get with the new custom notifications
15. Glide – Video Chat Messenger
The Glide Android wear app lets you start a video call right from your wrist just by pairing the smartwatch with your smartphone. This awesome app combines the convenience of texting with the expressiveness of video chat.
- Cool filters make your video messages look awesome
- Watch live videos, respond with texts, emojis, and even live voice recordings right from your wrist
- Review your videos before sending, or tap to stream live
- Share videos with friends and family from everywhere to anywhere
Read Also : 24 Best IPhone Apps 2020
16. Healthy Recipes
It is common among people to look out for recipes in their handsets while cooking but sometimes your hands may be all messy to handle the mobile.
In such cases, Healthy Recipes android wear app can be the right choice as you can get the directions for your favourite recipe on your wrist.
- Recipe finder lets you search and find your special recipes
- Healthy meal planner guides you to maintain your health and fitness
- Effortlessly collect and organize your favourite recipes
- Easily browse through 1000000+ recipes
17. Maps – Navigate & Explore
If you are stuck in an unknown place, the Google Maps on Wear OS can be really handy to find out the exact location you are looking for right from your wrists.
There is no better option to get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighbourhoods.
- Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
- Easily discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
- Allows you to create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
- Offline maps are available to search and navigate without an internet connection
- Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
18. Uber – Request a ride
Users who often travel and book rides across cities can rely on Uber app that adds a great convenience to the overall trip. There is no wonder why many everyday commuters are considering it as a great companion.
Those with smartwatches can now use the android wear app version to get the better out of the options.
- Allows you to book cabs directly from your watch without the need of taking phone which is handy at times of emergencies
- The exact location of the driver can be tracked easily to coordinate better
- ETA of the driver can be checked whenever needed right from your wearable
- App is available at more than 600 airports and in 700+ cities around the world
- New safety features and Community Guidelines are added for respectful and positive experiences.
19. Google Fit: Health and Activity Tracking
Focused absolutely on enhancing fitness and workout structure of users, Google Fit is Google’s celebrated fitness app for Android wear.
This smart app is dedicated to track all your physical activities and workouts to give you instantaneous picture of your rides, runs, jogs, and walks.
- App lets you know what kind of activity is needed to stay healthy
- Achieve health goals by earning Heart Points as the app is collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity and double points for more intense activities
- Gives you instant insights when you exercise and uses heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more
Do you have any plans to go out on a pleasant date this evening? Get the power and happiness of swipe of Tinder right on your wrist. This is a widely used dating app available on Android wear OS. In fact, it is the most popular app across globe for meeting new people.
- Set up your location settings and find local singles in your area
- The app boasts of 30 billion matches to date
- A good choice to expand your social network or meet locals when you’re travelling
- People will only get matched when there’s a mutual interest
This was our comprehensive list of 20 best picks in Android Wear apps you need to get started with Android smartwatch. There are a wide range of fascinating apps with improved features and compatible functionality for the latest Android Wear OS.
With advanced updates and thoughtful app innovations, there is practically no limit to what you can do on the tiny screen of your Google’s stunning Wearable. We expect that some of these apps will inspire you to try them on your device.