Are you looking to outsource your app development job? An efficient outsource team can not only help you to finish the task on time but also enhances your overall productivity with on time interventions. However, finding the right team for your venture is not an easy task and needs a lot of effort to make the best selection. A lot of factors need to be analyzed before taking the final call.
It is not advisable to rush with your choice. It is good to spend ample time before reaching a decision which can be beneficial for you in the long run. It would be wise to give a smaller portion of work at first and then analyze how things are going before entrusting them with a bigger responsibility.
Here are a few tips that might help you to find out the best outsourcing company for your app development:
1. Proper research: This is the foremost step before outsourcing your venture to a new team. Invest some time to do proper research on all important factors that can make an impact. Depending on your business size, you may also appoint a consultant to do the research job for you. Don’t stuck with the first choice but interview at least a few companies before finalizing the deal
2. Shortlist using additional sources: It is not advisable to depend on a single source to make the selection of the outsourcing company. The prime and easiest option is to go for a Google Search. Shortlist the most relevant companies by looking into their online reviews. For offshore outsourcing teams, online marketplaces can be a good choice. Rather than going for a plain search, seek referrals through colleagues or friends. Directory listings are another good option to seek a good freelancer that can handle the role.
3. Requirements Analysis: When it comes to effective project management, proper consultation and requirements analysis is the key. This phase includes getting a clear view of the project deliverables and defining the scope of work. This makes a good impact on the optimal use of time and money. Before outsourcing the job, make a clear statement on the requirement analysis. Talk with them about how they have handled emergency situations during their previous experiences
4. Measure developer skills: Make sure that the team of developers there have enough skills and expertise to handle the job. Have a detailed analysis regarding their industry experience and the success rates. Their familiarities regarding the type of task you are providing are really important and evaluate their development process. Their working model should be checked before hand and see that their rate of pricing the job is reasonable
5. Operations flexibility: The flexibility in carrying out the job is very crucial when it comes to handing over the job to outsourcing team. The organizations that are rich with multiple talents would be apt for the role. This would be an added advantage to handle the unexpected emergencies if any. Ask for a proper documentation regarding the credentials of the company and the qualifications of the team that are going to handle the task
6. Ask for references: One of the important areas you should not skip is to ask for references. The relevant testimonials and references can give you a proper idea regarding whether the team can efficiently handle the role. You may also have a look at the company’s previous completed projects to get a better understanding of the team’s efficiency.
7. Delivery time frame: Keep it straight regarding the delivery deadline and make proper communication regarding your expected delivery time frame. Choose the team that can deliver quality work in minimal time frame. Ask them about the expected deadlines of their previous ventures and how they managed to finish the job on time. Above all, trustworthiness is the key for any business deals and they should be able to communicate it well
8. Check out the tools: Have a check on the tools they are using for app development. You can talk freely on any suggestions and go forward with the team only if you are convinced with their tools. Talk with them about their policies of adopting new tools if situation demands in the business process.
9. Track records: Don’t miss out on checking their track records before signing the deal. This would give you enough confidence to hand over the task without any second thoughts. Their previous projects history should offer anything in particular to emphasize their expertise and professionalism in the area. In addition, also check how they efficiently manage staff training and note about their financial stability too.
10. Asses cost effectiveness: It is good to do a cost effectiveness study to know if the chosen company can satisfy the particular goals. Know in advance if their training and infrastructure can be in harmony with yours. Also check to see if the system in which they are working is compatible and have a proper understanding regarding the associated non-financial costs in advance. Know if their estimate is transparent and make sure that there are no loop holes
11. Security measures: See that the short listed outsourcing company is trustworthy and is dedicated to meet the follow ups. In addition to checking their reputation in the market, be sure about what all security measures they take to meet the stringent quality and privacy. Learn from them about how they manage data security on a legal and business perspective. Also have a clear idea regarding their disaster recovery mechanisms. See if you are fine with their contract policies and confidentiality levels before starting to working with them
12. Ask relevant questions: Don’t hesitate to ask relevant questions to the company officials before signing the final deal. Share your doubts and concerns regarding their policy, work quality, deadlines, cost factors and more. A good outsourcing company would be ready to answer any of your relevant concerns and will be transparent with their agreement. Ask them about their implementation plans and their scope of growing up with your increase in demand in future
13. Proper communication: Even after signing the contract with the outsourcing company, the communication channel must be open between you and the outsourcing team. Have a confirmation regarding the same beforehand to avoid further confusions. Written communication is the best way if in case there is no option for a face to face talk. They must be ready to offer a follow up as and whenever needed. Have a know-how regarding their service record, customer philosophy, current clients or if they have any cultural differences
14. Oversee the relationship: The best way to get the most out of your decision of outsourcing the business is to have an internal control of the business elements you have outsourced. It would be good if you can allot a specialist person to oversee the relationship. By doing so, the outsourced activity can be monitored well and a skilled professional can even contribute to promoting a better corporate vision.
15. Transparency is the key: As outsourcing works take place out of your sight, it is important to make things transparent in any alternative ways. For that they must be willing to take up periodical meetings where the progress of the work should be discussed. Proper documentation of the completed work, the portions to complete as well as their plans to meet the deadline should be properly conveyed without any hesitation. The contract should be a solid one that covers all key areas such as work quality, deadlines, pricing, date of renewal and other miscellaneous items to avoid any discrepancy.
An estimate price for the outsourcing role can rely on crucial factors such as their experience, education and work quality. Even when saving cost is a prime agenda when outsourcing the app development job, it is not recommended to go for a cheaper option by compromising the work quality. In such cases, you can save cost in the initial phase but end up spending more in the long run.
Whenever you have a plan to outsource your venture, go through these tips that will help you to take a better decision. You can have a pleasing experience with your business goals, if you choose the right outsourcing company for the job. A good outsourcing company can play a key role in enhancing the overall performance, and partnering with you in the business growth. They can always be a helping hand in offering contributions positively and sharing the vision to prosper your business.