With more than 3.5 million android apps in the Google Play Store, not only is mobile app development moving in an upward trajectory but also making everyone so confused on which app to download and which performs the best.
So instead of you trying different permutations and combinations, we are here with some of the best Android apps that you should try and use in 2021. So without any further delay, let’s check these popular android apps.
|Candy Crush Saga||Aarogya Setu||NetFlix|
|Snapseed||Gmail||Tik Tok||Subway Surfers|
|Telegram||MX Player||Google Pay||YouTube|
|Ludo King||Likee||ZOOM Cloud Meetings||Google Meet|
1. Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga is a free online video game in which you need to match-three colored pieces of candy on a game board in a row by swapping to win. Released by King, this game has thousands of levels.
Even though it is a free game, you can opt for buying some special actions to win easily. Simple and fun to play. it is one of the most money grossing online games of all time.
- Various game modes available- clear the jelly, collect the ingredients, Order Mode, etc.
- Sync with multiple devices
- Daily booster wheel for rewards
- New levels added in every 2 weeks
2. Aarogya Setu
Aarogya Setu is an open-source mobile app by the Government of India. It helps to connect essential health services with the people during the COVID-19 outbreak. It was launched on 2 April 2020.
The name ‘Aarogya Setu’ stands for – ‘Aa’ for without, ‘rogya’ for disease, and ‘setu’ for the bridge. The main objective of this android app is Coronavirus contact tracing across all states in India.
- Real-time COVID-19 Updates
- E-pass integration
- User Status
- Self Assessment
Instagram is another social media app with photo and video sharing features. You can share your daily moments or highlight to your dear and near ones using this easy to use the app.
Launched in 2010 and developed by Kevin Systrom and Mike Kriege, this app is now owned by Facebook Inc.
- Supports online shopping from brands and small businesses
- Direct messaging
- Status sharing
Netflix is a media production and services company running an internet entertainment service. It has around 158 million paid memberships in more than 190 countries around the globe.
The users can purchase monthly/yearly purchases at an affordable price to enjoy unlimited award-winning, movies, TV series, documentaries, and stand-up specials.
- Recommends shows based on your watchlist
- Updates with new shows on a regular basis
- Family-friendly show list
- Regular notification when a new show released
- Allows up to 5 profiles in an account
Read Also : How to create an Android app without coding
If you are looking for a professional photo editing app, Snapseed is the best choice. This app allows you to edit your photos using digital filters. This app was developed by Nik Software and now owned by Google Inc.
It was originally launched for iPad and was named by Apple Inc as iPad App of the Year 2011. Later came the iPhone version. Android app was launched after one year, only after Google acquired the app.
- A total of 29 tools and filters
- Supports JPG and RAW files
- Precise control
- Save your personal looks so that you can use them later.
A free email service app offered by Google Inc. You can send your messages and files with sensitive information safe and secure.
You will get instant push notifications when a mail is received. Works both online and offline and can easily find any message quickly using the search tab.
- Organized sections for inbox, trash, spams, drafts, etc.
- Free storage of 15GB
- Supports multiple accounts in the same app
- Automatic spam detection
7. Tik Tok
Tik Tok is one of the popular android apps that allows individuals to make and share creative short-form videos of dance routines, comedy, and talent shows. Known as the ‘lip-syncing app’, each video length is limited to 15 seconds.
It was launched in 2012 and is owned by a Beijing-based company ByteDance. You can replay the video in a continuous loop.
- Customized feed
- Quick video posting in 3 steps- shoot, edit, and upload.
- In-app video editor
- Live interactions
8. Subway Surfers
It a mobile video game developed by Kiloo and SYBO Games in 2012. You have to help the main character in this game Jake and his sprinting band of buddies have to outsmart the security guard and grab the gold without being smacked by a subway car.
It is the first game to cross one billion downloads on the Google Play Store. This endless runner game is compatible with all major platforms.
- HD optimized video graphics
- Exciting hoverboards and other game accessories
- Integrate with Facebook
- Daily and weekly challenges
Telegram is a cloud-based messenger apps. Released in 2013, it is a simple, fast, secure online app supported by all major platforms.
You can share multimedia files like photos, videos, audios, and stickers using Telegram in an instant. It’s end-to-end encrypted servers makes sure all your data and files are protected.
- Synced with all devices at a time
- Share unlimited files without size limit
- Group chats for up to 200,000 members
10. MX Player
One of the best video player android apps available today. It comes with advanced hardware acceleration and subtitle supporting system giving the best video experience.
It supports all major subtitle formats. MX Player is currently an ad-supported platform. You can also enjoy the online streaming of your favorite movies, tv serials, etc in this app.
- Multi-core decoding
- Zoom and pan options
- File sharing
- Kids lock
11. Google Pay
Google Pay, previously known as Tez is a digital payment application by Google. It allows you to send, receive money, pay bills, recharge phones, or can pay at the nearby store with a few clicks.
This wallet app is compatible with any device like phones, tablets, or watches, making cashless payment easier for you. It provides a simple and safe mode of cash transfer. Google Pay for business is also available as a separate app.
- Works directly with your bank account
- Multiple security- device password and UPI pin
- Pay someone without Google Pay
- Rewards like Google Pay scratch cards
YouTube is the most popular online video-sharing platform in the world of the internet. It was developed by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim – three ex-employees of PayPal 2005. After 1 year it was bought by the tech giant Google.
Most of the videos on YouTube can be viewed for free, but for some, you need to pay, like renting a movie or subscription plans. Video creators earn can also earn advertising revenue based on their content and audience views.
- Personalized recommendations
- Subscribe favorite channels
- Users can like, comment and share contents
- Real-time notification on new and trending videos
13. WhatsApp Messenger
WhatsApp Messenger is one of the messenger android apps, free of cost owned by Facebook. All you need to have is an internet connection to enjoy calls, video chats, messages, etc.
Using WhatsApp you can also share live user locations with your friends. You just need a good cellular network.
- Free, only pay for internet service
- Send and receive multimedia files
- Supports group chats
- No user names or pins
Skype is a telecommunication app providing video chat, SMS, and voice call services. It also allows you to share photos and videos with your friends and family.
It is also used for real-time business meetings and was hit by a sudden backslash with the unexpected hike in the popularity of Zoom during coronavirus lockdown days. It was launched in August 2003.
- SMS Connect
- Emoticons and giphys to express emotions
- Up to 24 participants are allowed at a time(free)
- Screen sharing
A cross-platform file sharing application with media player added in it. It requires no internet data. Above all its 200 times faster than Bluetooth, what else we need?
It supports multiple platforms. A feature called ‘Share Zone’ allows you to add your files so that you can easily share them with your friends.
- Transfers photos, videos, audios to even android apps
- Online videos with offline watching facility
- High-quality video and audio player
- Personalized emojis and gifs
Read Also : 20 Best Free Android Wear Apps 2021
Snapchat is also another multimedia online messaging app. Owned by Snapchat Inc., you can take photos or videos with added filters, and send them to your friends with captions. It was launched in 2011.
- Attractive filter and 3D BItmoji
- Live messaging and video chats
- Snap map-location sharing
- Reshares old memories
17. Google Map
Web mapping service offered by Google used by millions across the globe. Around 220 countries and territories are mapped in this app. This gps tracking app was launched in the year 2005.
Google Map is your perfect companion to explore the world with the aid of real-time GPS navigation, traffic, businesses, restaurants, etc.
- Real-time ETAs and traffic updates
- Automatic rerouting in case of accidents or heavy traffic blocks
- 360° interactive panoramic views of streets
- Route planning based on the mode of travel- foot, car, train, bus, etc.
One of the most popular social media apps with over 2.6 billion monthly active users. Share daily updates, photos, engage with friends and communities free of cost. Best way to stay connected in the virtual world.
Even if this app saw a downfall in the number of downloads and installations in the first quarter of 2020, it is still one of the top android apps in the internet world.
- Status updates that get auto removed after 24 hrs.
- Wide range of Facebook emojis
- Info about local social events and meetups
- Online games between Facebook friends
- Facebook market place
Messenger, powered by Facebook is an all in one communication app which allows text, voice/video calling, and group chat to its users. It was launched in 2015. Now it also allows video calling facilities too.
You can message all your Facebook friends via this app. Also, the parent company recently has even added a video meeting feature.
- Messenger rooms
- Unlimited chatting and calling services
- Send multimedia files free of cost
- Location sharing
Zomato is a restaurant search and food delivery app. This startup was launched in the year 2008 by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah.
Spread across 24 countries, you can get high-quality food at your doorsteps in time.
You can check out thousands of menus, photos, user ratings, and reviews in restaurants near you- all in one app. They offer special discounts and cash backs too.
- Search filters and theme-based curated lists called ‘Collections’
- Customers can review food items and share photos
- [email protected], work meals option
- Inbuilt map to help find restaurants near you
21. Ludo King
Ludo King is an online game, which is based on the classical royal game Pachisi. It is a cross-platform game that supports multiple platforms and players. A total of 2 to 6 players can play this ludo game at a time.
This board game got a hike in the number of installations in the lockdown period. You can also challenge your friends for social media platforms like Facebook.
- Offline mode is available.
- Live and interesting themes
- Real-time player statistics
- Private chat with Facebook friends and other players.
Likee, formerly known as LIKE is a short video creating and sharing platform. Launched in 2017 by Bigo, a Singapore based company, it is currently one of the favorites among teenagers with its exclusive features like 4D magic stickers.
- Video editing tool with special effects
- Social community live to broadcast
- Makeup+Microsurgery editors
- Video dubbing
23. ZOOM Cloud Meetings
Award-winning video conferencing app launched in 2013. It became the most downloaded android apps on the internet, thanks to the new work from home office culture during the COVID-19 lockdown period.
You can have up to 100 participants in one meeting at a time. The addon versions allow up to 500.
- Direct screen sharing from your device
- Send group text, images, and audios
- Contact availability status
- Easy invitations and participation
- Safe driving mode
24. Google Meet
Developed by Google it is also a video-communication service similar to Zoom. You can enjoy high-quality video meetings with up to 250 people at a time.
This app integrates with the G Suite versions of Gmail and Google Calendar and shows the full list of participants and scheduled meetings.
- Safe video meetings- encrypted
- Anti-abuse measures
- Simple and easy invitation and participation
- Real-time screen share
- Real-time captions by Google speech-to-text technology
Read Also : 24 Best Iphone Apps 2021
Whether it is an alarm that perfectly and seamlessly can sync with your body clock, forecasting exactly what would be the weather like after 4 days, or an organized to-do list that users can speak to, there is an app for every single activity.
All you need to do is just search for the right one. The right android apps will make your smart phone smarter. Did we miss any android apps? Then do let us know.