Utilizing educational apps for Kids with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can be quite helpful for their learning and social development. Every one kid in 64 kids is having Autism Spectrum Disorder, alone in the United States of America. Mobile technology has greatly increased and has its influence almost every industry and domain.
Mobile apps let kids learn in their own space and time. Of course, there are different apps for different purposes. Having too many number of autism apps is one thing and finding the right one for our kids altogether another because every app is different in its own style and needs.
All it takes a little research and a little knowledge. So today, we will go through a list of the best educational apps that are highly recommended for kids with Autism.
|MITA||Leeloo AAC||ABC Kids|
|Endless Reader||ABC Autismo||Autastico|
|Symbotalk||Dino Tim||Speech therapy|
|Avaz App||Autism: Read & Write||Jade Autism|
1. Language and Cognitive Therapy for Children (MITA)
MITA (Mental Imagery Therapy for Autism) has proved its success through improved language skills in autistic children. The app contains unlimited cognitive exercises for children enhancing their mental integration.
MITA is a perfect app for children with autism and speech delay which follows a systematic approach for the overall development of a child.
- Simple vocabulary and higher forms of language activities.
- Adaptive activities without any ads
- Early intervention app with various feature levels
- Playtime rewards and offline viewing.
2. Leeloo AAC – Autism Speech App for Nonverbal Kids
Leelo is an interactive app solution helping nonverbal kids to engage with their parents, teachers, etc. Major techniques for autism therapy in communication are included in the leelo app.
The app also helps children suffering from aphasia, Down syndrome, etc. Leelo is useful for people with special needs of all age groups.
- Daily cards to help kids communicate.
- Voice capability with text to speech robot
- Preconfigured cards for preschool and school kids
- Completely free and convenient.
3. ABC Kids: Tracing & phonetics
ABC Kids is one of the best autism apps for kids. It helps autistic kids to trace alphabets with their tiny fingers and get instant voices. ABC features a series of games that help kids recognize shapes and phonic sounds.
Parents can monitor their kid’s activities by entering into teacher mode and track your child into better learning.
- Children friendly educational app.
- Free from third-party ads.
- Smart interface with no in-app purchases
- Collect stickers and toys after each level.
4. Endless Reader
Endless reader is an app enabling early reading habits in your child. The cute Endless monsters teach your child sight words and their usage in a funfilled environment.
Parents can stop worrying about the suffering child as they start enjoying animations along with words & shapes recognition. You can unlock extra features after payment after the free six words.
- Delightful animations for word recognition.
- Highly interactive
- Reinforce spellings & contexts many times
- Easy to use & exciting design.
5. ABC Autismo
ABC autism is a dedicated app designed to help autistic kids in learning. The app is a package of colorful activities to enjoy their first steps of education.
ABC autism focuses on exercises for childhood development, attention, language & many other skills for kids. Teachers, therapists & psychologists widely use the app to evaluate children suffering from Autism & such mental disorders.
- Based on the TEACCH method.
- Forty interactive levels of activities.
- Available in three languages.
- Simple & attractive interface.
Read Also : 20 Best Apps For Toddlers 2020
Autastico is an app created for every child but giving focus on autistic children. You can view it on multiple devices which contain enriched content with beautiful graphics.
Your child can start differentiating shapes along with improved motor coordination through fun activities on Autastico.
- High-quality sounds and music.
- Easy tutorial for all activities
- Create avatars for your child
- Best ‘fun educative’ game
Symbotalk is a free app used by therapists and psychologists to enhance communication on autistic children. Effective voices onboard symbols make it an easy read for your child.
This feature help children whose mental condition doesn’t permit speak themselves. Kids can choose a symbol from the online library or create their own. You can get additional features after a payment.
- Flexible boards and sub boards for communication.
- “Me” profile for limited access.
- Active on multiple devices.
- Augmentative & alternative communication system (AAC)
8. Dino Tim
Dino Tim is one of the best educational apps for kids with autism. The games include exciting voiceovers to help children learning shapes, colors, and numbers.
Dino Tim and his family are abducted by some funny witches and your kids transform into superheroes for rescuing them. The app enhances motor coordination and visual perceptions of colors & objects in motion.
- Develop attention and concentration skills
- 100+ educational puzzles.
- Increase speed and attention on kids’ activities.
- Enhance cognitive skills.
9. Speech therapy for kids
Speech therapy follows gaming experience based on the natural speech development stages of your kid. The app is an expert solution from speech therapists for launching speech pace in autistic kids.
It includes many activities for phonics, the tempo of speech, repetition tasks & more.
- Interesting activities for kids
- Detailed tutorials for parents & Teachers.
- Multisensory exercises for vision, touch &sound.
- Intuitive interface with beautiful animations.
10. CudeIn-Autism Early Intervention
Being one among the best educational apps for kids with autism is an app designed for special kids with delayed developments. Cudein is a collaboration of inputs from experts for children suffering autism & other mental disorders.
It is an app with predictable sensory in supporting self-learning among special kids. Parents can make engaging PDF worksheets for children and release new modules via purchase.
- Wide range of subjects for kids with special needs
- Timely visual cues relieving autistic kids
- Immediate Real-time feedback
- Strong voice overs & instructions
11. Speech kids: Teach with images
Speechkids is an educational app with versatile content for improving the vocabulary of kids. Your kid can tap on icons and receive correct sounds & pronunciations.
Autism affected kids can use Speech kids for developing speech & learning with fun. Other topics like alphabets, animals, fruits, colors, numbers help kids to study and enjoy at a time.
- Completely free app
- Courses combined with music.
- Improve overall vocabulary skills
- Innovative design
12. LetMeTalk: Free AAC Talker
Let me talk free AAC talker is a popular donation financed app providing a voice to every kid especially those with special needs.
The app contains more than nine thousand easy to recognize images and your kid starts loving letters and numbers. Apart from autistic children, the app serves kids with cerebral palsy, down syndrome, and other disorders.
- Preconfigured voices for kids with autism
- Load and save multiple profiles
- Use letme talk as a translator.
- Unlimited images and reading sessions
13. Avaz App for Communication – India
Avaz is an effective communication app active on both Android and iOS. The app helps nonverbal kids to initiate language skills and prevent any communication struggles.
Avaz contains 15000+ images that your child can change into words. The first fourteen days offer free services and you can choose from reasonable subscription plans for further services.
- Word prediction tool and social media linking.
- Easy Dropbox backup & restore.
- Color-coded grammar and vocabulary.
- Easy to access tutorials and help screens
14. Autism: Read & Write
As the name suggests, the app focuses on reading and writing skills for autistic kids. Autism Read and write have customizable screens and can jump from one lesson to another.
A start option on writing and reading sections can make your child travel into the exciting world of language with varying levels.
- Lively activities on basic reading and writing.
- Unique spectrum of education.
- Easy and simple navigations.
- Exclusively designed for special kids
15. Jade Autism
Jade is an app for both kids & adolescents with autism. The app consists of a collection of hundreds of activities for pairing, association and knowing daily routines.
Users can enhance their cognitive & recognition skills along with problem-solving abilities. A system of exercises where each level unlocks only according to the child’s performance ensures proper tracking of your child’s learning experience.
- Different thematic categories.
- Monitored activities by experts & professionals
- Simple touch stimulated & objective interface.
- Subscription service for detailed reports.
Read Also : 15 Best Learning Apps For Kids 2020
The above 15 apps enable easier living & learning of autistic kids. Their developmental difficulties get reduced to a great extent through improved communication, problem-solving & other cognitive skills.
These educational apps can help toddlers to adults have a better life & reach more people.You can choose the best companion for your kid with special abilities.