Many of us believe we don’t need Antivirus apps to safeguard our actions on digital devices. However, in the middle of a lot of whirlwind engagements with mobile apps and web browsers, we often forget to consider all the ways unwelcome websites or apps can harm our smartphone system. Although you can go without antivirus and antimalware apps, it will be a smart move to keep your phone safe.
The usual precautions are to download apps from the respective stores and keep on the security settings. Since there are plenty of hopeless antivirus and antimalware apps that do nothing as they claim, it is advisable to pick the good ones that actually work.
Here is the list of 15 best antivirus and antimalware apps for your smartphone device.
|Kaspersky||Eset Mobile Security||Avast Antivirus|
|Lookout Security||AVG Antivirus||Bitdefender|
|Norton security||Safe Security||Nox Security|
|Malwarebytes||Dr Web Security Space||McAfee|
1. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
Kaspersky is another name with a great reputation as online security services. Its features are comparable with big players like Avast and Bitdefender. Its free version for mobile security includes basic scanning and precise malware detection features.
According to AV test trials in 2017, the app has detection rate of 99.9% – which is pretty impressive. It blocks suspicious sites and URLs so that you won’t accidentally click on them and incur nuisance in the first place.
What makes the app unique is that it also features simplified protection for Android wear security.
- Twenty plus years of security Expertise.
- Saves Battery life & increase phone performance.
- Anti-theft features for additional security.
- Password protection for sensitive apps.
2. Eset Mobile Security and Antivirus
ESET is an amazing antivirus app solution trusted by millions of users all around the globe. The app allows users to scan every activity they do and keep a log for the same.
Extra features like USB scanner on-the-go, proactive anti-theft identification, etc make Eset stand out of the similar kind of antivirus and antimalware apps. It offers blocking of phishing activities or unwarranted attacks anytime.
- Instantly identify vulnerable routers and devices.
- Up-to-date monthly security reports.
- 30 Day free trial with premium features.
- Sync across multiple devices. (Up to 5)
3. Avast Antivirus
Avast rightfully boasts of 100 million downloads and tons of handy features for antivirus and antimalware operations. Avast Mobile security is quite popular especially because it offers a range of superb features including an app lock, classic antivirus scanning, call blocker, anti-theft support, a photo vault and more.
It also has a firewall protection suited for rooted Android devices. Its booster features add a little more value to its use. However, you can prefer to opt for another app dedicated to just cleaning and boosting and keep Avast for firm antivirus and antimalware security.
Due to its incredible service, the app is paid with 14-day free demo trial. You will be relieved to know its subscription prices are within affordable range.
- Gain insights into your phone regularly.
- Secure online networks and payments.
- Unique ‘Virtual Private Network’ feature
- Completely free from ads.
4. Lookout Security and Antivirus
Lookout security and antivirus apps are often found pre-installed on many devices. It is popular enough for carriers like T-Mobile.
It performs all the basic security actions quite well, including scanning, anti-phishing, malware detection and anti-theft.
Its outstanding traits like identity protection, identity insurance and WiFi scanning give it a unique edge over other antivirus apps. It is reasonably priced at $2.99 per month which is good given it takes care of a lot many security aspects.
- Timely alerts on breaching activities.
- Saves your last location every time.
- Email alerts on suspicious activities.
- Monitors proper working of the operating system.
5. AVG Antivirus
In the antivirus domain, AVG Antivirus has found compelling reputation and resembles AVAST in its performance and actions. In 2016 AVG was acquired by AVAST – which is probably why the users find the little difference between the two.
Though AVG delivers a slightly different experience which sets it apart from its mainstay. The app offers anti-theft tracking supported by Google Maps but it lacks rooted firewall feature.
What will not please you much is that its boosting features for memory, phone and battery are almost dysfunctional. Still, AVG is not bad at all. After 14-day free trial, you pay as little as $2.99 per month for subscription.
- Manual ‘Powersafe’ option to extend battery life.
- Effective App usage tracker.
- Extra Protection via password-protected vaults.
- Real-time scanning of apps, games, and settings.
Read Also : 15 Best Booster Apps For Android 2021
6. Bitdefender Free Antivirus
This is completely free antivirus apps. Bitdefender Antivirus offers all the basic scanning features, good performance, simple interface, cleaning and no configuration.
We haven’t noticed much change since its inception. It makes for the best option for basic security needs. The app simply scan the content of your smartphone and repeat its action every time there is a need to do so.
Although there is an extended version of Bitdefender app out there, this one seems to suit those who expect simplicity and not too fancy things. The free app has ads but no in-app purchases and subscriptions.
- Personalized tips and advices from experts.
- Offers complete protection and privacy.
- Subscription services after a 14-day free trial.
- Exclusive Fingerprint sensor support.
7. Norton security and Antivirus
Norton security has been subject to mixed comments but can’t be ignored. After all, it offers loads of basic features including scanning apps, malware and spyware protection, and other malicious attacks.
It saves device location when batter is low and has anti-theft element with real-time protection. It is comparatively affordable since it offers rather pricy features at merely $39.99 per year along with PC protection suite.
Norton is also into dedicated applock option which is not included in this app.
- View app risk ratings in Google Play Store.
- Real-time alerts on fraud or spam numbers.
- Proactive protection tool package.
- Surveillance App protection facility.
8. Safe Security
Safe Security is an all-in-one app that protects your device from malwares and also free up space by deleting junk files. The app monitors your phone status and gives optimization suggestions.
It is also an effective utility protection software that operates handy tools on the lock screen even view weather updates. Safe security block unwanted calls or messages effectively.
- Collection of handy tools & optimization tips.
- Cools down gaming apps.
- Instantly snap people who intrude into your device.
- Full charge notification Alarm.
9. Nox Security
Noxsecurity, being an exclusive antivirus and antimalware app solution of 2020 keeps your mobile free from unwanted network attacks.
Message security master & notification blocker master are two unique features of Nox that offer complete protection of your device. The app is also an effective junk cleaner that free up space and stimulates your phone into faster functioning.
- Blocks useless notifications efficiently.
- End-to-end encryption & App lock.
- Stop power-draining apps in advance.
- Block annoying and unwanted calls.
10. Malwarebytes Security
Malwarebytes is the most used antivirus app solution of 2021 for powerful protection from viruses and malwares. The premium version comes with a 30-day free trial specifically designed for Chromebook protection.
The app assists you in safe browsing and scans for any type of phishing URLs or dangerous ransomewares. The app has a successful story of protecting phones, tablets, and Chromebooks from four million threats every day.
- Timely privacy audit for all apps.
- Absolutely free from third-party ads.
- Alerts on potentially unwanted programs.
- Safe browsing experience throughout.
11. Dr Web Security Space
This is the oldest legacy app in the world of antivirus and antimalware protection for mobile apps. Dr Web contains a decent set of features, which essentially includes basic full scan, ransomware protection, performance boost, a quarantine space, and stats.
Apart from that, it also contains useful features like anti-theft, call and SMS filtering, URL filtering, parental controls, a firewall, etc. The features cost you as much as $15.99 annually.
It also has a lifetime license which is a bit expensive, too. But it is worth spending.
- Efficient filtering of external networks.
- Extensive white & blacklists of websites.
- Minimal load on the operating system.
- Purchase commercial license after a 14-day trial.
12. McAfee Mobile Security and Power Booster
McAfee is perhaps the most known name when it comes to protecting your PC free from suspicious virus attacks. Familiar for PC protection, McAfee’s mobile app goes by the name McAfee Mobile Security.
It is effective and also helps boost device performance along with scanning apps. Other features include remote device tracking, locking and wiping when lost or stolen. The app even takes a picture of the thief if the device stolen.
It also blocks potentially malicious websites and blacklists harmful calls and SMS. Moreover, it also scans apps for the safety of sensitive information and locks them if that is necessary.
- Reliable wi-fi protection with a VPN lock.
- Safe browsing & Anti-theft features.
- Free up memory & optimize mobile performance.
- Remote management of web portals.
Over the course of one year, Avira has grown from the new to the much known. The success has been very rapid, and the credit goes to the diversity of its features, from very basic to a few great ones.
It offers device scans, SD card scans, real-time protection, privacy and blacklisting and more. It also comes with anti-theft support feature and device admin features.
It is lighter than Norton and similar apps and rich with a few unique tools. It has free version and paid one which is not that expensive.
- Simple and intuitive to use.
- Disk Scanner & memory optimization.
- PIN protection for sensitive apps.
- Advanced microphone & camera protection.
14. Quickheal Antivirus and Mobile Security
Quickheal is one of the best-rated Android apps that scan and protect your devices in real-time and rescue your phone from any dangerous websites. It also helps in assessing the security of the wi-fi network you connect and track your phone if stolen or lost.
Quickheal alerts you about your phone fully charged and switch off device charging on time. Premium purchase allows you to unlock exclusive safety features.
- Best rated free Antivirus protection.
- Powerful scanning before & after downloads.
- Notifications on apps that affect your privacy.
- Block malware containing websites.
15. Superspeed iSecurity
Superspeed is one of the best super security app combining a package of class safety features. This app helps your android device stay away from malware, viruses, and any external Spywares.
It offers intelligent diagnosis that alerts about any type of risks in advance. Besides virus cleaning, Superspeed free up abundant space through a one-tap clean on it.
- Accurate tracking through the Data Monitor feature.
- Scan & Cool down CPU temperature.
- Improve phone speed via Speed Memory Booster.
- Money-saving app with exclusive features.
Read Also : 15 Best AI Powered Chatbot Apps 2021
If you are one of those who like to take chances by not opting for antivirus and antimalware apps, you might risk the healthy condition of your smartphone system.
Preventive measures are far better than frustrating corrective actions. Install a smart antivirus and antimalware mobile security app that helps protect your data and prevent your phone from getting stolen.
The list above will help you choose only a few functional apps that literally guard your phone and ensure utmost security.