Does going to the gym sound like a tedious task? In today’s fast-paced world, it is really important to stay fit and healthy, as in this busy life, many suffer from problems related to health, mainly weight gaining and fat related problems. Thanks to smartphones, because fitness apps are the answer to this.
We have done some sifting and listed a bunch of apps that are worth giving a shot.
Read Also: Best Fitness Apps For College Students
Why wait? Let’s take a detailed look into some of the best health and fitness apps (Android & iOS) that will help you have a better life and stay fit.
This is the app for fitness freaks who love personal training. Aaptiv is an in-ear personal trainer who will take your exercises to a whole new level. With more than 2, 500 audio sessions, 15 personal trainers who create new courses every week, this app is everything you need for comprehensive training.
Also, the application’s audio instructions are straightforward to follow. Regardless of the workout style (Weightlifting, cardio, etc.) Aaptiv has every class to assist you in accomplishing your fitness goals.
- Tailor programs according to your fitness plans
- Multi-week plans for weight loss, flexibility, race training, maternity, etc.
- Unlimited access to 3,000+ workout sessions
- Guidance from expert trainers
It is one of the most known calorie counters both in App Store and Play Store. MyFitnessPal features a wide range of database with literally thousands of products and dishes.
This fantastic calorie counting feature of this app will let you set right goals along with a graph which shows your progress day/week/month-wise.
Apart from that, recipe importer and barcode scanner is a couple of other features that make your fitness routine easy and maintainable.
- Keep track of what you eat
- 4+ million barcodes codes for food
- Customize dairy usage, helps in water tracking
- Has calorie counter & macro tracker
- Set reminders, add favourite food & recipes
This is one hell of a fitness app with millions of users across the globe, and this includes Richard Branson, investor, and philanthropist. Headspace is an excellent application, especially for starters.
It offers a free 10-day introduction to practice meditation and once done with that users can unlock next versions with a subscription. Based on your exercise and diet needs and requirements, you can personalize the app accordingly.
- A well-designed app which seems very easy to use
- Hundreds of themed sessions to take users from stress
- Has guided meditations for busy schedules
- SOS exercises for sudden meltdowns
- Includes clear videos, audio tips and even infographics
Made for HIIT training, Keelo is the app if you want to get yourself into a fast and effective workout. By taking leverage of the training methods, this app provides fast-paced workouts that last from minimum 8 minutes to 20 minutes which will give results when done at least thrice in a week.
Consisting of both weightlifting and body weight workouts, it doesn’t matter whether you are at a gym or anywhere else.
- Can book your spa appointments
- Users can purchase gift cards
- Get cool meditation tips
- Enables location viewing
Love running? Then Runtastic is the app for you. Unlike any other running tracker, Runtastic tracks not only running route but also plays motivational songs using its inbuilt audio player.
Users can set goals, check daily/weekly progress, and so much more. Regardless of your purpose (Jogging, marathon running, or walking), this application can be fully optimized based on your requirements.
- Can set your own workout goal
- Can customize your warm-ups an cool down time with interval training feature
- Target pace feature is integrated with audio feedbacks which lets you know how well you are performing on the race
- Enables other features including shoe tracking, story running, live tracking, power songs, auto pause
- Can analyze post run graphs & even import data if necessary
Hate gym due to the crowd or any other reasons? Well, you now don’t have to worry too much about working out. Sworkit is a perfect application.
All you need to do is set your goal and provide your current fitness details, and that’s it. You would get a 6-week program with goals to accomplish for every week.
Not just that, you can also let the app know how much time you have got in a day, and it customizes the workout sessions according to your schedule.
- Flexible workout programs
- Have guiding video workouts
- Get personalized workout plans according to your fitness goal
- 100+ pre-built workouts
- Users can sync workouts with Strava, Apple health app, MyFitness Pal
7. StrongLifts 5X5 Workout Gym Log & Personal Trainer
It is one of the most effective workout apps to build stronger muscles and burn fat quickly. This app provides three exercises thrice a week, and each workout is almost 45 minutes.
StrongLifts 5X5 is the best fitness application that tells you exactly how much weight you need to lift whether it is for building muscles or burning fat.
The aspect that sets this app different from other apps is that users get to train not more than three times a week.
- A personal training app that gets you the simplest & most effective workout plans
- Workout plans include 3 workouts a week of 45 minutes each
- Get better results with plate calculator, assistant exercises & warm-ups
We all love social media influencers. In fact, we look up to our favorite celebrity trainers for motivation and workout tips.
Now, taking this idea and transforming into a concept is what Playbook does. This app personalizes the idea of social media influencers by pairing you with a trainer or an athlete of your choice.
Once you decide who your trainer will be, you would get daily updates on your trainer’s workouts and other tips.
You can interact with your trainer and other members in his or her training community. Also, you can change your trainers as many times as you want.
- Serves to be a transparent mobile marketplace for people who want to share real-workouts and earn their own income
- Within the app, you have the option to create channels where you can post workout videos
- Can discover trainers who inspire you
- Track your earnings & progress
- Avail real-time analytics
- Subscription income is made easy for creators which includes monthly, quarterly & annually plans
9. Yoga Studio: Mind & Body
Yoga Studio is an excellent application for both yoga starters and professionals.
This app features more than 70 yoga classes with full HD video quality, and a vast library of yoga poses with a comprehensive instruction guide and recommendations.
Users also get to create their own personalized HD videos by picking the order and the duration of each pose.
- An app with simple, elegant & user-friendly design
- HD videos of ready-made yoga & meditation classes
- Daily, weekly or month class schedules to attain fitness goals
- Library guides with 280+ poses
- Create unlimited custom classes
- Perfect for beginners with qualified experts & trainers
10. MyPlate by Livestrong
It is a simple tracking app to watch out what you eat in a day. MyPlate provides detailed 8-week meal courses which are customized according to your body type and weight goals.
Once you choose a specific meal plan and a start date (Which usually starts on Monday), you would get daily updates in the form of emails and notifications which includes your grocery list.
Also, you can take a quick peek into the quick workouts in the application if you have less time to exercise.
- Consists of a comprehensive food database
- Has a handy food bar code scanner
- Personalized daily calorie goal for your profiles
- Real-time or 24/7 support from community members
- Can set meal-time reminders
The number one fitness app available in the store that can help a customer with the perfect workout tips. To start using, the user just needs to sign up to the app and it is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
As an award-winning fitness app, this is loaded with functions including individual customizing, consists of more than 1300 workout plans, keep track on your workout log, analysis to workout data, progress tips to maximize your plans.
Available in both web and mobile, this super-trainer app is filled in with intuitive tools and training programs that will make you fall in love with your app and equally your health.
- An exercise app with detailed programs
- Enable tracking of your workouts, fitness routines, etc.
- Fully customizable routines and exercises
- Consists of 1300+ exercises
- Connect or add friends for combined workout sessions
- Share workouts via social media accounts
12. Strava Training-Run & Ride
Whether you are a marathon trainer or simply want to take your bicycle or bike for a ride then Strava would be perfect.
Simply get connected to your smartphone or your GPS tracker app to track yourself anytime and anywhere.
3 best features you need to try with Strava:
- Push yourself to self-challenge and analyze data every month
- Track your log in a daily routine basis with stats including distance, speed, pace, calories burned etc.
- Mix up your personal training with world’s largest trail networks with new maps and routes
- Has maps and new routes
- Can challenge and compete with other users
- Track your analysis in real-time
- Uses health-kit to export user’s activity
- Enables to connect and share activities with users
13. Lose it
This app lets you track your daily calories budget and also keep regular analysis in your food and diet control.
After the users download the app, he/she can set the goal and start working on their fitness according to the diet plans provided for a certain time period.
Lose it is an easy tracking tool that regularly keeps an eye on what you eat and what you do.
Using this app you can set goals for weight, body fat, hydration, sleep, stress etc.
- One of the most fun and effective weight loss program
- Can connect other tracker apps
- Stay on track with confident meal choices
- Set goals for weight, body fat, hydration, sleep, stress, etc.
An online fitness platform that focuses on functional training in spite of where the user performs the action.
This serves to be one of the best apps for people who are very much interested in cross-fit training.
The portal also offers other features like daily workout routine, kilo-to-pound converter, and nutrition tracker.
- Train and track nutrition
- Daily updated workout videos with high resolution
- Track your workout, macros, and progress
- Users can utilize tool, tips, and timers
More than just a weight loss app this is a healthy life app that can support users with healthy living in a simplified way and this is the only aim of this platform.
As a health savior app, it helps customers enhance their food choices, exercising habit and much more to attain their fitness goals.
Another feature of this app is that the app can be connected to the Google Fit app and if you are a customer who opts for the gold membership then you can also keep the app track your fitness bands like the Fit band.
- Get diet tips for goals
- Has food tracker and calorie counter
- Get access to delicious recipes
- Scan barcodes for calories & nutrition information
- Get daily feedback to get in the right track that can help you lose weight
An app that has won several titles including the ‘The app of the year in 2017 by Apple and ‘Happiest App in the world’ title by Human tech ’.
As the name suggests, Calm is known to be one of the best apps for stress relief, sleep, and meditation and to date, more than 30 million people around the globe have downloaded it.
On a daily basis, the app includes 10-minute meditation, half-an-hour story time to help you sleep and also classes from experts on mindful eating.
- 100+ guided medication to daily calm
- Consist of a library of sleep stories, updated every week
- Beautiful images and soothing background noises giving a great user experience
- Consist of various types of meditations guided by experts
- Has meditation calendar
17. Pocket Yoga
Your Personal Yoga Studio: Yoga apps have come a long way and there are many options to customize the user experiences on your own interest.
In this app, classes are themed on basis of nature and are divided into 3 groups: desert (flexibility), mountain (power), ocean (courage) and also has sun salutation A & B.
Once you choose from any one of these styles you can start taking classes of 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
With an extensive flow and extensive preparatory poses, this app seems to look more useful for beginners.
- Detailed voice and visual instruction guides
- Over 200 beautifully illustrated dictionary of poses
- Quick preview before you start to practice
- Maintains a log to track your progress
- Practices designed by experienced yoga instructors
18. Seven- 7 Minute workouts
Rated as one of the best apps in 2017, this app can show you real results by working out 7 minutes a day.
Based on scientific study, this app is rather more fun and gives the maximum benefit in the shortest time possible.
Want to lose weight, get fit or get strong? Just set your goal with the personalized work out plans and rest seven apps will take care of.
The gorgeous animations and audio clips for workouts in the app make sure the user focuses on the app completely.
- Workout anytime anywhere
- Can create workout plans according to personal requirements
- Get access to 200+ workouts
- Create custom workouts, set duration per exercise
19. Workout for Women
Female Fitness Focused App: An app with scientifically proven methods to improve your health.
With short and easy workout methods, this app can surely make you sweat and in turn help you reach your goal.
The app exclusively features a mix of cardio and strength building moves like donkey kicks, planks, squat jumps etc.
Each workout includes videos and audio instructions that keep the users more focused and motivated.
- Get short and effective workouts
- 7 minutes a day workout that helps burn fat and lose weight
- Has beginner-friendly workouts sessions
- Works as a personal trainer
- Instructions can be either audio or video
- Can integrate Apple Health to track workouts, calories, weight, etc.
20. Google Fit
The new Google fit helps you get healthier and more active in life. At times, it’s difficult to know what kind of activities is perfect for your workout plan.
And as a solution to this, Google Fit has combined with WHO and the American Heart Association to understand the scientific theory behind the physical activity and how intense should people work for a better health.
Move minutes and Heart points are the 2 main features that are introduced in Google Fit which helps you count all your activities and gain credits accordingly.
With a more elegant UI/UX design and coaching function, the apps let you customize options and set according to your goal.
- To help and motivate users, the app has introduced features like move minutes & heart points
- This app serves to be a personal coach to make you healthier & active
- Achieve fitness goals with personalized and actionable tips
- Works with many other apps and personal devices
- Helps you monitor your goals
Download : Android
21. Pedometer- Step Counter & Weight Loss Tracker App
This is a free health counter app that lets you track your step, walk and weight loss. Just download the app and carry your smartphone along with you while you walk run or exercise, then the app will automatically track the count.
Within the app, you have got features like track complete activity history, explore groups and challenges, track habit and plan daily exercises.
- An app that serves to be both a walking buddy and a self-coach
- Can count steps, calories, distance & active time
- Has a GPS activity tracker
- Works with MyFitnessPal and Fitbit
- Consist of other features like powerful fitness plans, groups & events, creating healthy habits, etc.
This is one of the most advanced applications that have till date launched specifically for iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and iCloud devices making it more powerful and converting it to a fitness computer.
The app is designed mainly for people who love to cycle or for professional cyclists.
Being an obsessively complete and killer app, cyclemeter records fitness data, is clean and easy to use and is comprised of features including graphs, maps, intervals, splits, zones, announcements, training, plans and much more.
- Records an unlimited number of workouts
- Users can view workouts on app calendar
- Workouts can be summarized using bar and pie charts
- Supports cycling, running, walking, skating, skiing, etc.
- Enables users to design their own training plans
23. Nike Run Club
This can be your perfect running partner with everything that you need to run better. From motivation to expert guidance the app helps you reach your goals in a fun way of doing it.
From tracking & storing all your run data to audio guided workout plans, personalized coaching plans, trophies, badges and leader boards, the app has it all.
- Serves to be your perfect running partner
- Can track and store runs
- Get audio guided runs along with Nike coaches & athletes
- Enables personalised coaching plans
- Can compare and compete with leader boards
Need a track for your walks, runs, rides and workouts, then get the all new Endomondo running & walking app.
Users can check workouts via GPS and analyse stats, track walking, running, cycling etc. of yours and friends.
You can also view your time, distance, speed, calories etc. within the workout summary. Whenever you hit a new personal best score then you get notified and celebrate your progress.
- Track and map all your workouts
- Users can review their performance
- Can view detailed stats and data
- Can add workout pictures and even tag friends
- Includes other features like heart rate zone analysis, interval training, weather information, etc.
Well, the above listed are the best health and fitness apps to keep up with your workout routines and diet regimes. All you need now is dedication and consistency. Let us know which app you found useful for your fitness maintenance.