Today when everything else has gone digital, why not dating? Albeit not new, using dating apps for real-life dating is an incredible idea that has become successful for many young enthusiasts.
Finding the perfect match that lives to your expectations is never easy; however, dedicated mobile dating apps come handy when it comes to meeting people in your area just using a fingertip.
Unlike a few years ago when computer was the only resort for virtual social engagements, mobile apps with location sensors has given match seekers a comfortable, discreet solution.
From casual hookups and long-term relationships to summer romance or just intimate friendship, the dating apps for Android and iOS devices are here to help.
Here is the list of best dating apps for Android and iOS in 2019 to find the right match:
Legitimately, the most popular dating app all over the world, Tinder has become the signature app, a benchmark for almost all of modern dating apps for Android and iOS in 2019.
It helps create connection with a person in a few seconds, which is made possible with the algorithm used in this app that offers an exceptional selling proposition.
The app lets you view new profiles every time you load it and you can easily swipe right if you want to meet someone or swipe left if you are not interested in them.
Often regarded as a casual dating solution, Tinder is also used for serious relationships with mutual consent. The stunning features of this app are super-like option, mutual friends, etc.
- App provides unlimited likes feature
- It’s easy and moreover fun
- Swipe right feature- allows liking a person
- Swipe left feature- allows to pass
- Instant chats with your matches
This app offers unique experiences of dating by literally letting you find the people who are around you. Happn gets access to your location so that, whenever you cross paths with another Happn member, their profile will show up on your timeline.
Another interesting feature is that it lets you see the number of times you have crossed path with the same individual. Like Tinder, you can like or dislike someone by swiping right and left.
Its amazing feature “Crush” lets the other person know that you like them. You can improve your Charms by earning credits which can be done by buying or inviting friends to the app.
- Easily find people and create your own luck
- Find all profiles that have crossed paths with you within your timeline
- Can send secret likes
- Matches can play Crushtime game together
- This app keeps confidentiality as priority and location is not shown to the public
Grindr heartily welcomes all the gay and bisexual men who wish to meet and see like-minded men nearby. It is available globally and used by millions of people who resort to the app for regular men-to-men dating.
Making a Grindr profile is made simple and fast with inclusion of a profile pic, user name, and a few simple questions.
Choose “Tribe” to describe your tastes and type, and start chatting with men who are a close match.Its premium version called Grindr Xtra offers ad-free dating and chatting experience with more delightful features like creating multiple Tribes and adding advanced search filters.
- Allows fast and instant chats
- Find people nearby based on location
- Chat & share photos privately
- Filter search options are available
- Star favorites and block other users
Badoo bears the crown of being an outstanding dating app that is used by more than 370 million users from 190 plus countries. The app has interesting methods to find a suitable match in your area for you with Tinder-like swiping system.
Its premium version offers highly verified profiles with authentic experience that is free from “catfish” scams. It uses photos, social media presence and phone-based verification for premium experience where you can credits to enhance your visibility. Users can also subscribe to its “super powers” to enjoy even richer features.
- One of the world’s largest dating app
- Browse profiles even when you’re offline
- Unless a person replies, you can only send a maximum of 2 messages
- Can choose to chat with only verified users
- Chatting even has the option to live selfie
Similar to Tinder, Bumble helps you find a match in terms of friends and dates in your area. However, it has women-oriented approach and lets a woman make a first move and initiate the conversation after two persons connect. This app is liberated from obscene messages and finds you a perfect date in 24 hours.
You have only 24 hours to develop a connection after which it disappears. For dating and friendship, a person is allotted 24 hours before the connection vanishes though they can get an extension of 24 more hours. Bumble also has BFF feature for those who wish to enrich their friend circle.
- Date, meet friends or even create networks
- Has 3 different modes to make the potential connection: Bumble, Bumble BFF, Bumble BIZZ
- The first app to bring dating, friend-finding & career building in an single network
- This app rejects hate speech thus, keeping users feel safe
It’s an unconventional free dating app made by Benikki Ltd especially for the bisexual, queer woman and the lesbians. With the help of this app, the people can share their true nature and can find the right partner. You can sign up with Facebook or Instagram and view the activities of Her users in your vicinity.
If you like a user with whom you have mutual interest, the app will let you chat with them. Her stands out from other apps by offering incredible social features, news and articles aboutLGBTQ community and events, which makes the app usable for more than just meeting people.
- App is beautifully and simply designed
- Have options to read the news, know what’s happening around the city, find friends and even get advice
- It’s a huge wide community
- Easy-sign up and consist of only verified accounts
OkCupid has achieved rage among online daters and has impressive volume of user base. It remains quite updated and refined with new features getting added now and then and has user-friendly straightforward dating tools. Its feature called “flavors” allows users to view most intriguing and interesting flavors of matching people under tags of Beard Lovers, Kinky Nerds, Word Travelers and more.
It is equipped with message tools, personality quiz and Instagram integration and much more. The premium OKC membership adds greater features like refined search tools and viewing people who liked you.
- Consist of a rich dating profile with highlights of your personality & interests
- Focus only on the connection you are interested in
- Set your dating preferences
- Advanced filter and search options
- Has a unique messaging system
Appearing as a fair mixture of Tinder and Ok Cupid, Clover offers a unique approach and various ways to discover and meet potential dates. It features Tinder-like swiping and detailed profiles along with helpful questionnaires and dependable date planners. To make the dating app even more exhilarating, Clover takes you away from swiping limits and make things more interesting by introducing you with live mixers.
So if you want to escape boring match-finding routines, you can participate in mixers with 20 Questions game, or indulge in “on demand dating.” Another aspect that makes Clover one of the best dating apps is its premium features that help improve profile visibility and interactions.
- Find people for short or long term dating
- Consist of search filters
- Has on-demand dating options
- Has a 20 question fun quiz contest to see what others like
- Can find nearby events, parties and even catch meet-ups
9. Truly Madly
This app is mainly popular in India and it is the host of one of the largest dating communities of the country. The best possible matches are created by this app algorithm-based on your preferences and profiles.
The unique feature of this app is that it allows the users to express themselves by creating and uploading a video profile which makes Truly Madly one of the considerable dating apps for Android and iOS in 2018. Uploading personal photos and videos are turned into screenshot proof in order to avoid disastrous catfishing incidents of fake accounts.
- India’s leading matchmaking app
- Trust Score verification with Facebook, LinkedIn, contact number, photo ID etc. to maintain the platform free from fake profiles
- Allows to meet new people and expand your social network
- You even have the option to go incognito to chat with those whom you like
10. Coffee Meets Bagel
The reason why Coffee Meets Bagel deserves a place in the best dating apps is that the app is quite exemplary in its approach for virtual dating. The app sends men a small number of potential matches based on their profile and tastes, and women will also receive a selection of matches who are interested in them. Ladies can then reciprocate and respond to the dating suggestions.
If feelings are mutual, the app offers 7-day chat window for commencing interactions. Users can also earn or “beans” that provides more options like expanding chat window duration or viewing mutual connections. Its premium version thus creates more dating opportunities by giving more info on person’s CMB activities.
- Helps you find curated matches
- Consist of in-depth profiles
- Permission to notification are strongly based on your suggestions
- Can access activity reports
11. Plenty of Fish
This app is similar to Tinder but for the people who want to opt for online dating without destroying their economy. Almost all the features of Plenty of Fish are free and this allows the users to check unlimited profiles, send unlimited messages and do many more activities.
It is known as the host of one of the major dating communities of the world with more than 70 million active members. However, due to immense rush of users and free services, catfish profiles are likely to materialize. Moreover, this app is available in selected first-world countries like UK, Canada, US, Australia, Brazil and Ireland.
- Has the advanced matching algorithm
- Send and receive unlimited messages for free
- Conversation powers- includes voice messaging, video-calling and photo sharing
- Matches can call each other within the app
Match.com allows you to join its online dating service for free. Users can upload photos, create profile, browse singles in their area using the app on the go. Available for both iOS and Android, Match app lets you do a lot without taking a single penny from you.
You can explore the ocean of millions of eligible men and women for fun date, serious relationship or special friendship. Match is quite successful among top rated dating sites when it comes to finding the right compatible partner for you.
- Helps you find dates, relationships or marriages
- View photos of local singles
- Search on the go
- Exchange messages with voice commands
Working as both dating and networking, Raya stands out in the crowd due to its sincere member-only services for people in creative industries. Following a strict code of conduct, Raya encourages iOS users to complete an application form whichinvolves a referral from an existing member.
The app will then assess your details with its own algorithm followed by evaluation by a dedicated committee. Once the approval is received, you can set up your profile and start using the app at $8 a month.
You can either pick from dating prospects or use Social Mode to see different hotspots of members hanging out. Its App store reviews are stellar, which makes Raya, a reliable app for those who seriously need a perfect partner.
- Private, membership-based network for dating or communication
- Accepted members can have access to full service
- Find nearby members
- Auto-renewal may be turned off
- No cancellation of current subscription allowed during the active period
Download : iOS
Hinge has an interface that resemblesTinder and it relies on Facebook to develop dating prospects for users. The app finds best matches showing you, people with common friends & interests.
Users have a smooth Tinder-like interface to answer a bunch of telltale questions with Swipe function, making it faster, easier and fun.
You can ask the common friend if you are curious about someone and receive messages only from the close match. Plus, Hinge allows you to see people’s dating expectations and separately like the number of elements on their profile, which leads to a natural, transparent and fluid first conversation.
- An app that quickly learns your type and introduces you to the best people
- Can set advanced preferences
- Has the option to preferred membership packages
- Starting a conversation is made easier
LuvFree is a 100% free dating app with all-round features. It lets you communicate with your matches, send virtual kisses, create a friends list and see who’s viewed your profile. There is a lot you can do with LuvFree. It can effortlessly arrange for you to meet most eligible singles and dates nearby or even across the world.
Offering many choices, in LuvFree app you will find friendship, casual dates, committed relationships and even marriage. LuvFree does make your dating efforts worthwhile and fun.
- Users database is actual and maximum free of fake profiles
- Makes dating efforts more fun and easy
- Can view details about the profile views
- Advanced search options for users
Download : Android
Zoosk is one of those amazing free dating apps and lets you sign up easily using Facebook or Google+ profile. Integrated with social media, Zoosk allows you to start searching for the best match for Android and iOS users.
It also comes with a Facebook-specific app, offering you more choices in this league. Considering economy and technology, Zoosk has got it all to stay on the top with millions of satisfied active users.
- One of the most trusted and best dating subscription app
- Has advanced search filter options
- Filtering based on location is available
- Offers photo, phone number & social media account verification
17. The League
Quite comparable with Raya, the League app follows a strict membership protocol and is a perfect dating service for ambitious, career-oriented and educated crowd.
Its rigorous joining process requires you to apply and let the app access and verify your information on Facebook and LinkedIn. After this, your eligibility will be accepted, rejected or put on a waitlist (which may take months).
Once you are a full-fledged, you can avail paid monthly or annual membership and start receiving 7 prospects each day. If you like someone, you have 21 days to contact them.
Your reputation as a member on The League is subject to how responsive you are to your prospects. This app appeals to those who prefer career ambition and education of potential partner.
- Meet people you’d actually date
- Join local groups and meetups offline
- The app has fewer options creating greater effects to find the perfect match’
- Limited to cities like New York City, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, L.A., London, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Toronto, Tampa, and Washington D.C.
Sapio is a free dating app whose services revolve around meaningfully rich conversations and intellectual interests. Its primary goal is to encourage the daters to exceed the limits of conversational clichés such as ‘hey’, ‘what’s up?’ and all.
To avoid shallow dating tricks, users are asked to jump to Sapio’s Questions Explorer that contains 300 open-ended questions from 21 categories.
They include “Hopes and Dreams”, “My Quirks”, “Achievements”, etc. Explore the topics of your interest and get answers from interesting people.
Be visible for people who care about the same stuff by answering a few questions and refine your search by entering things that you think matter to you.
This way, Sapio allows you to go beyond looks and find a soulmate of substance, based on their true personality.
- An app where the physical and intellectual attraction is put together
- Provides tools to find the perfect match
- Called the intelligent app among dating apps
- Let users react with reactions like thumbs up, heart, question mark, thumbs down, or HAHA.
Skout runs on random chat encounters with shake-to-chat formula. You can just shake your phone to pair randomly in a chat with someone in your neighborhood.
The basic approach of this online dating app replicates the experience of randomly bumping into your soulmate at a coffee shop just like what we often see on rom-com movies.
Alternatively, you can make finding dating match more precise by scrolling through profiles and choosing one to initiate conversation.
This free app offers premium features at $9.99/month. Unexpected or weird chat with strangers are dreaded in Skout.
- Meet people instantly and see who’s live real-time
- Chat, broadcast yourself and watch others stream
- Browse profiles and pictures, save your favorite users
- Profiles can be promoted using in-app features
Luxy is an elite social dating app for millionaires and affluent men and women. Though it is designed to help successful people find their suitable match, Luxy manages to remain affordable #1 app in this category. Users can create profiles, upload photos and search for matches without any charges.
They also receive best-matching suggestions in their inbox and communicate with them. When you refer a friend to Luxy, you get a $10 in-app credit that can be spent on enjoying premium features.
- An app focussing on wealthy, rich, beautiful and elite singles
- Plays matchmaker for CEOs, entrepreneurs, supermodels, celebrities, doctors, and other elite singles
- Extends locations to NYC, LA, Miami, Paris, Milan, and London
- Has the most accurate and reliable verification process to guarantee the best user quality
Taffy is based on a unique chat-dating formula. It takes a deep smarter approach to online dating and allows you to gradually know and build connection with your prospects. Unlike other dating apps where quick judgements are made from a profile pic, Taffy delightfully offers you an opportunity to chat with someone and then view their photos with clarity.
The fun part is that profile is kept blurred in the beginning, and more you chat, clearer their photo gets. This way, you don’t lose your soulmate and have better knowledge of their personality by the time you can see their real look.
- Makes an exciting way to meet new people
- Until you start conversations with a user, images remain blurry with catchy headlines
- Great interface with user-friendly designs
Download : iOS
Yubo whose former name was Yellow is a pleasant social dating option that has a mixed feel of Tinder and Snapchat. So if you like profiles swipe right or swipe left if you don’t. Upon finding a prospect interesting, you can chat as live video. The app takes care of users’ safety by enabling safety features like cell phone verification.
This way fake profiles don’t hinder dating process of serious match seekers. Yubo’s swipe feature may feel superficial, though. Plus, many people look for just hookups instead of friendship and good dating. The app works best for iPhone users as its Android version lacks some features.
- Social app to meet new friends and have fun
- Chats can be private conversations
- Can send and receive pictures, Bitmoji stickers
- At a time, go live with 10 people
- Live streams are public and can be watched by others as well
eHarmony is the first ever online dating service to use scientific approach of Compatibility Matching System to find highly compatible singles. To ensure lasting and fulfilling relationship, the app determines compatibility of men and women based on 29 dimensions.
The user can rest in knowledge that the matches suggested by eHarmony services are highly compatible and will lead to a serious date or a happy relationship. Give the app a chance if you are tired of fruitless dating and yearn for the soulmate.
- Find true and compatible matches
- Easy account set up and also can sign-up with Facebook
- Can send smiles, favorite your matches
- Can send pre-written quick questions
- Get push notifications
24. Elite Singles
EliteSingles is a phenomenal dating app for professionals finding a match with other professional based on their educational or professional background. The app has a positive reputation of having well-educated professionals with over 80% holding a university degree and 90% of them being 30+.
Depending on their qualification, the app helps professionals connect with a truly like-minded match. EliteSingles is ideal for those who prefer education and strong professional status.
However, an unpleasant truth is the app is only available for people living in countries like US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and South Africa.
- Deliver the most relevant and active singles according to your preferences
- Personality profile based on the five-factor model
- Verifies accounts
- 3-7 match suggestions per day
- Features elite magazine that offers tips & tricks for dating
Dating Apps around the globe are truly (and amusingly) transforming the way people make connections and find their perfect match in the real world. These 24 best dating apps for Android and iOS described above have undoubtedly changed the dating scene of this generation in 2019.
Many of these apps offer free access and great value through unbelievable membership features to seek and find the right partner without breaking the bank. Hope you will like the list and try one those apps.