Coding is thought to be very hard & indigestible by the majority of people. But many apps are coming up for making coding an easier process for all age groups. So, what about kids? They can also be creators & actively participated in technical coding. Kids can enjoy the basic coding programs along with logical thinking, math & other skills through these mobile apps.
Children can engage with coding practices at earlier ages which will be much useful for their future. The below 15 coding apps are fun effective app solutions for kids to explore the world of codes.
|Programming Hero||ProGame||Programming Hub|
|Grasshopper||Lightbot||Tommy the Turtle|
|SpriteBox||Programming for kids||Scratch Jr|
|Algorithm City||PI Learn||CodeSpark|
1. Programming Hero: Coding Just Got Fun (Beta)
The programming hero has incorporated conversations along with games so that your kid could enjoy learning codes. Currently, they use python to explain programming concepts.
- Create your concepts & share them with friends.
- Interactive & easy coding games
- Win daily rewards & superpower badges after learning.
- A forum with thousands of learners.
2. ProGame – Coding for kids
Progame enables your kid to learn & create animation, games & stories. A kid willing to learn about the coding basics can choose Progame as an ideal app solution. The same software can be used to create complex software platforms.
This app & a physical kit for your child can make he/she learn easy coding without the need for a computer. Progame kit is the first known DIY (Do-it-yourself) kit which helps your kid in logical thinking & problem-solving skills.
- Scan the child’s creative output
- In-app purchases allow more scans
- Coding concepts in a fun & intuitive manner.
- Lots of self-help activities.
3. Programming Hub: Learn to code
This app is created by a collaboration of google experts resulting Programming hub as “Best of the Best” app in 2017. Your kid can start learning to code like an expert through fun-filled activities.
- No third-party ads.
- Learn major programming languages in a simple way
- Bite-sized & interactive coding programs.
- Concept-based illustrations with frequent updates
4. Grasshopper: Learn to code for free
The logo of a tiny grasshopper itself invites children into the app. Kids can start their coding venture here with fun & quick games. Few taps on your phone can help you study the basics of coding easily. Grasshopper updates daily coding sessions suitable for both parents & kids.
- Many challenging levels to develop coding skills.
- Visual puzzles optimizing coding concepts.
- Collect rewards & achievements as you learn new things
- Real-time feedbacks
5. Lightbot: Code Hour
Lightbot is a popular programming puzzle game devoted to introducing programming concepts to kids. This app is all-age friendly where you can begin coding with your child.
Lightbot lets little players know basic concepts including instruction sequencing by a robot guide. The next levels of the app can only be unlocked after passing the basic levels.
- Learn fun & easy real programming logic.
- Available in about 28 different languages.
- Paid app appearing on both Android & iOS
- The Full version features 50 levels.
Read Also : 15 Best Learning Apps For Kids 2020
6. Tommy the Turtle, Learn to Code
Tommy the turtle moves dances & sing on the screen according to your kid’s commands. Along with studying codes, he/she can test their coding abilities by solving challenges with friends.
Teachers have taken these apps as a coding lesson for their kids. Children love the turtle and always ready to make him active.
- Multi-sensory learning for kids
- No in-app purchases or ads
- Basic coding in a simple & intuitive interface
- Early learning of programming concepts
7. SpriteBox Coding
A unique puzzle platform to run and jump into codes. Your kid can know unique words & help sprite’s bottled up friends. The app helps in basic icon-based coding & also play using real java syntax. Children can explore new commands, sequences & loops to make sprite happy.
- Know various aspects of Java code.
- About 20 puzzles for your kid
- Collect stars after each activity
- Interactive kid-friendly platform
8. Programming for kids
Robots make your child witness the world of programming. Your kid can simply drag & drop options, push start button, robots obey them.
- Improve algorithm development skills at an early age
- Repeat levels & unlimited playing.
- Control robot speed
- Frequent upgrades
9. Scratch Jr
This is one of the most popular coding apps for kids. It is a free and easily accessible platform for making your child learn easy coding. An effective app that enables children of age 5 and up to create interactive stories & games.
Kids design blocks to make characters move, jump, dance and sing. Your child can add his or her voices on the screen, insert their photos etc. Scratch Jr considers coding as an important subject for young kids.
- Design & develop successful sequences
- Amp up cognitive & social skills
- Enriched interface with graphics & illustrations
- Kids fuse their ideas into coding
10. Algorithm City: Coding Game
An innovative platform to practice basic algorithm skills. Kids can know codes through fun games with animals. They guide animals like penguins, foxes, rabbits & more to collect gold abiding child’s commands.
- Contains 51 levels of fun games
- Comprises 4 chapters – Educational, Easy, Normal & hard
- Gain basic concepts in an attractive window
- Contains familiar programmes & codes.
11. PI Learn to code
Children love to watch animation! So how about creating their own? PI learn allows your child to code their animated stories. They can create for hours by drag and drop commands to make characters move. They can view their contents in an adorable movie theatre screen.
- Unlimited save & replay options.
- Easy to follow steps for kids.
- Add immense of dialogues and sounds.
- Self-paced & enjoyable interface.
12. CodeSpark Academy
One of the leading apps of kids coding world. Kids of age 5-9 can learn to code programs at home uninterruptedly. The app consists of a package of learning activities like puzzles, creative games that teach the basics of computer programs.
Codespark publishes offline printables to make parents have fun with the child in coding. The app contains age- appropriate tools so that they can create suitable self-games.
- About three individual profiles for your kid.
- Free for initial 7 days following a subscription
- Challenges and rewards based on the child’s activities
- Easy learning of logical problem-solving skills.
Integration of software and robots together implies easy code education. Users can learn popular graphical programming languages & make robots do things as they say. For kids, they complete diverse tasks in games & start coding. The app has multilanguage support.
- Children become lovely creators
- Store & sync projects across devices
- Excellent app to foster coding skills
- Available on both Android & iOS.
14. Code-Karts Pre-coding for kids
Preschool kids can grab knowledge on coding logic from this app. From the age of 4, he/she can engage in logical puzzles represented in the form of a race path.
Code Karts make children build direction bricks to get the race car to the finish point. This process is divided into levels to absorb a code-based approach in children.
The app has a classic & competition mode. In the latter mode, the child race against the device. Initial 10 levels are free & the full version with 95 levels & bonus races can be availed through paying subscription amount.
- Inviting interface for kids from age 4
- Prosper sequencing & problem-solving skills.
- Available in 21 languages
- Earn coins & customize your race car.
15. Programming for kids – Learn coding
The app name portrays its sole purpose. Kids can easily grab programming concepts through fun games like connecting the dots. Even young kids can use the app as it has very little textual content.
The tiny fingers can lead the pencil to draw & solve levels. The game consists of 3 categories namely Functions, sequence & loops with 15 levels on each.
- Completely offline & easy to use.
- No third-party ads
- Kids learn & recognize patterns
- Enhance logical thinking
Read Also : 20 Best Apps For Your Toddlers 2020
Engaging coding apps can make coding aspects to reach your kids most effectively. You can avoid the stage of sending them into coding camps or classes where they have to do coding with a lack of fun.
Kid-friendly apps are always encouraged by parents & teachers. Many app developers are focusing on this area of study. Selecting the app tool for your child is in your hands. Thus, using these coding apps will be incredibly good & exhilarating for your kid.