Have you ever thought about the possibility of apps for depression that works as a true companion when you are feeling low? As people prone to mood disorders are rising every year, focusing on improving mental health is becoming really important than ever before.
Feeling of loneliness and lack of mental and emotional support is what triggers the condition in most cases. Experts suggest for regular exercises, mindfulness, meditation, having a trusted person to talk with and following a healthy diet to help recover from mental conditions like anxiety, stress, and severe depression.
Thankfully, there are many great mobile apps that work as a digital companion to improve mental health by promoting the practices of meditation, CBT, hypnosis and support community.
Here are 15 best apps focused on fighting the symptoms of depression and getting you back to your normal life routine.
|Daylio||PsyTests||Control and Monitor|
1. Let’s Meditate: Sleep & Guided Meditation
It is an easy to use app that offers guided meditation to help people to stay at peace and focus on the positive and productive things around them. The topics cover a wide variety of daily life situations like anxiety, body scan, healing, sleep and a lot more.
- Meditation tracks are as short as 5 minutes or up to 40 minutes
- It allows listening to the tracks once downloaded even when you are offline
- App features a clean interface with no ads or sign ups
- User can simply choose a track and hit play with no distractions
2. Replika: My AI Friend
This is an amazing chatbot companion that is powered by artificial intelligence which acts as a great shoulder of support for those in stress and anxiety. There is no wonder why it has won the heart of millions of users as a good friend is solution for most of such issues.
- Choose a 3D avatar and develop its own personality though chat, and create a perfect friend for yourself
- Chat in a safe, judgment-free space and get an emotional connect or share a laugh
- You can watch it develop its own personality and memories alongside you
- Replika is always there to play games, write stories, swap memes, draw or role-play together
- It helps to understand your thoughts and feelings, learn coping skills, track your mood, calm anxiety and boosts stress management and positive thinking
3. Wysa: stress, depression & anxiety therapy chatbot
This is a happiness buddy that serves the role of a mood tracker, mindfulness coach, anxiety helper, and a mood-booster.
It comes packed with daily spiritual meditation that improves mental health and helps fight stress and anxiety with its proven techniques and calming meditation and mindfulness audios.
- It offers mental health assessment with depression and anxiety tests
- It uses research backed science as a foundation to strengthen your mental health
- Empathetic conversation and free CBT therapy based techniques will help you overcome mental health obstacles
- This emotionally intelligent chatbot uses AI to react to the emotions you express
- Vent and talk through things or just reflect on your day
4. Sanvello for Anxiety, Depression & Stress
Over a million of users trust this application to alleviate their stress, anxiety, and depression and improve the mental health. It uses clinically proven techniques based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help those in need to return back to normal happy life soon.
- It offers daily mood tracking, guided journeys, coping tools, meditations, and progress assessments
- Sanvello community lets you explore a diverse range of topics from stress relief techniques to words of encouragement and gratitude
- Speak to a licensed clinician through live video sessions when in need
- Peer support lets you find a fresh perspective in a judgment-free space
5. Youper – Feel your best
This is one of the best apps for depression that helps you to feel more motivated, confident, and happier than ever before. It works with artificial intelligence and quick conversations through the app claims to alleviate the stress, anxiety and depression of users.
- It incorporates science backed strategies from Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- App is created by doctors and therapists and utilizes possibilities of AI to understand your needs and make you feel better
- Easily integrate your mindfulness sessions with Google Fit to make self-help and self-care easy
- All basic features are free of cost and subscribe annually for premium features
Read Also : 24 Best Health and Fitness Apps 2021
6. Moodpath – Depression & Anxiety Test
This is an amazing personalized mental health companion that supports you in phases of depression, stress, and anxiety.
The app works by tracking and reflecting on your mood, doing mental health assessment and helps you to take a break from irresistible emotions and negative thoughts.
- It offers a bi-weekly mental health assessment and therapists; psychologists etc will assess the results
- Use Moodpath as your intelligent mood tracker and journal
- Choose from a large library with exercises based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- App lets you acquire skills in self-compassion and integrate mindfulness into your everyday life
- Receive helpful and supportive insights to understand patterns and triggers
7. Daylio – Diary, Journal, Mood Tracker
This is an all in one platform to keep track of your food log, fitness goals, gratitude diary and plays the role of your mental health coach.
Exercise, meditate, eat, and be grateful with this cool app designed to improve your mental, emotional, and physical health.
- App helps you discover what makes you happy and make reflection a daily habit
- Create daily, weekly or monthly goals and motivate yourself
- Explore exciting statistics about your life on weekly, monthly or yearly charts
- Deep dive into advanced statistics for every mood, activity or group
- Build habits and collect achievements and share statistics with your friends
This is a comprehensive platform to perform psychological tests about many mental issues that patients often consult to every professional in Psychology.
This simple and easy to understand app lets you learn, consult, and evaluate many characteristics about your personality.
- It gives insights about any anxiety disorders, mood disorders, eating disorders and addiction problems
- Benefit from helpful information about love and related subjects about relationships
- Tests are developed by a team of expert Psychology professionals
- You can easily figure about who you are and how your psyche works
9. Control and Monitor: Anxiety, Mood and Self-Esteem
This is one of the best apps for depression that lets you track your mood, anxiety, self-esteem and depression. The app monitors your mental health through psychological tests of self-application.
- There are several activities to make you calmer, help in your anxiety crisis and improve your self-esteem.
- Take part in challenges to improve your mood, your confidence and your quality of life.
- There are breathing exercises designed to help you to relax and de-stress
- Fidget Spinner toy helps you to calm and decrease anxiety.
10. Fabulous: Daily Planner & Self-Care Habit Tracker
This is a mind blowing application that inspires you to lose weight, be more focused, increase your energy levels, and sleep better through healthy habits and routines in your life.
This is an all in one application for a way to create new rituals, habit tracker, personal coach and happiness trainer.
- App motivates you to develop better habits and healthier eating and exercise routines
- Activities are designed to calm down anxieties, give meditation and manage stress
- Benefit from an intense 10 min exercise session that will push both your endurance and strength
- There is a scientifically proven session to get rid of stressful thoughts that become obstacles between you and a fulfilling life.
- A personal 1:1 coach will motivate you to be more productive and achieve your goals
11. Mood Tracker, Journal, Diary | Anti Depression app
This is a self care journal app that asks a set of interesting questions to you daily to track your health, self care or emotion, relations with people, wellness or depression.
It tracks how your mood changes through months and years and supports you in phases of anxiety and depression.
- Make notes in your private diary with fingerprint every day
- One question a day that makes you think and lets you self monitor yourself
- Set reminders to make sure important things don’t slip away from the diary
- You can even select beautiful themes to match your mood
Being one of the best apps for depression, Calm app focuses on meditation, breathing techniques, relaxation and sleep pattern, which eventually brings mental clarity, mindfulness, peace and joy in one’s life.
It easily fits into your daily schedule and is packed with useful distress reliever sessions of 3-15 minutes, breathing programs, music and nature sounds that chip in to relax your mind and prepare your body for better sleep.
- Offers sleep stories, breathing programs, master classes, and relaxing music for restful sleep
- There are 7 and 21 day programs for both beginner and advanced users
- Users can choose from meditation sessions in lengths of 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 minutes depending on the schedule
- The app covers a range of topics which include forgiveness, non-judgement, gratitude and self-esteem
- There is a new 10-minute program added daily to help ease you into the day or unwind with before bed
13. 7 Cups: Anxiety & Stress Chat
People who are stressed, sad, worried and anxious often need someone to listen to their feelings and this awesome app gives you emotional support & counselling from trained active listeners.
It comes with easy to use text chat features and provides personalized care with free wellness tests.
- Access online message therapy with licensed therapists
- Best part of app is that you can remain 100% anonymous
- Calm yourself with 300 free mindfulness exercises
- Chat 1-1 with a listener any time
- Boost your mood with simple activities
14. AntiStress, Relaxing, Anxiety & Stress Relief Game
This is a great relaxing game that is designed for people to release stress in minutes. This pack of mind relaxing games helps users to enjoy the stress releasing therapy and feel better.
- Comes with realistic 3D brain exercise and relaxation
- Benefit from different mind freshness activities and stay happy
- Make use of high quality relaxing sounds to release stress
- There are a range of different relaxation toys missions
15. Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
This is one of the great apps for depression that focuses on enhancing mindfulness and meditation to boost your performance each day.
The app is equipped with essential tools aimed to give you happy, healthy and fulfilling life.
- Offers hundreds of guided meditations from stress management and anxiety management to sleep, personal growth, and mind-body health
- There are exercises for coping with sadness, anger, and change
- Users can benefit from 28-day trainer-led courses to build a mindful fitness routine
- Sleep by Headspace feature creates the ideal conditions for a calm, restful sleep
- Wake Up features include a daily video series designed to brighten your day with mindful advice from experts and inspiring stories.
Read Also : 20 Best Meditation Apps 2021
Due to unbounded access, convenience and 24/7 availability, mobile apps not only ease your travelling and shopping challenges, but also soothes your health issues including the dreadful depression.
As we have discussed, a digital companion can sometimes take the role of a good friend and guides you to the world of peace. These 15 best apps for depression fairly claim to provide you unconditional support, recovery programs and vital meditation to overcome symptoms of mental health.
We can look forward to more wonders of how the advanced technologies can make the life of people simple, easy going, joyous, convenient and peaceful.