There is no limit to what you can do to your mobile photos to take your photography experience to next level. If you have right best photo editing apps on your device, there is a lot you can do with images and turn them into creative masterpieces. Online app store offers an exciting range of photo editing apps to optimize and edit photos to your taste and preferences.
If you have handy editing tools inside your best photo editing app, you can explore your creative side and enhance decent snaps and transform them into a work of art. Apart from Adobe photoshop, there is an ocean of powerful alternatives for image editing.
Read on to learn about the 24 best choices for photo editing apps in 2020 that will give your snaps a unique edge.
1. Collage Maker
Collage maker app is truly committed to provide an easy breezy photo collage making experience. The intuitive and user-friendly features make it suitable to be used by an amateur as well.
You can use upto 18 images to create a photo collage. The photos are shuffled and remixed in a jiffy to give a beautiful output.It allows to customize the grid size, grid layout etc. It also has an inbuilt photo editing option so you need not download a separate photo editing app.
- Wide range of backgrounds and layouts
- Create square photos that are apt for the instagram profile
- Sharing options and HD download
2. Photo Editor Pro
Looking for a professional yet simple to use photo editing apps? Then photo editor pro is for you. It’s a free app and easily enables you to retouch, fix, and enhance the pictures from your device’s gallery.
You can choose from a variety of filters that instantly touch up your dull photos to make them look professional. You can even add the fun elements on your photo through stickers, texts etc.
- Enables a change in the background
- Blur background effect to create a DSLR look
- Upto 18 pictures can be combined to form a photo collage
Canva app is suitable for business related branding photos such as company logos, LinkedIN banners, Facebook covers, Invoice templates , posters and other visuals that can be used to enhance your business marketing strategy.
It offers various filters, vignettes, that add the professional zing to your photos so they look apt for your website and on social media platforms.
- Hundreds of templates to choose from
- Easy editing
- Apt for professional editing for company websites and official social media handles
4. PhotoDirector Photo Editor
One of the most customer-friendly photo editing apps is PhotoDirector. It has lots of options that help you to customize the editing of your favorite pictures.
It comes with precise editing tools that edits, crops and styles any aspect of your photo.
- Removal of digital noise, poor lighting among other basic problems with a single tap.
- Can be used with texts, frames and stickers
- Photo Animation and object cloning features
One of the most popular photo editing and sharing apps, Instagram is loaded with filters and editing options. It has options to message and sharing options like Facebook, but focuses more on photo-sharing through “stories” or live streaming sessions.
It also enables you to keep a check on the statistics of the photos you upload. Like the number of likes, shares, views. It also has an option to upload videos to reach more audiences.
- Hundreds of fun filters
- Basic editing tools are in built
- Easy to upload and share photos
Read Also : 15 Best Beauty Apps 2020
6. Google Photos
Google photos can be considered as your online photo diary. It stores all the photos you have on your phone and creates a backup by syncing it with your google account.
This way you can access your photos anytime from any device through your google account.
Apart from this it also comes with built in photo editing tools such as cropping. Brightness etc.
- Auto backup of all the photos
- Easy basic editing
- Free app
If you are looking for an easy yet professional photo editing app, google snapseed is the answer for you. It can edit RAW images as well.
It supports super useful tools like healing brush, structure, HDR, perspective, etc. It also allows you to save the presets which can be used in other photos
- Supports capturing images on iOS smartphones.
- Around 29 filters to choose form
- Various tuning tools to fine-tune the images,face poses, glamour glow, and double exposure
8. Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe Photoshop Express is actually adobe photoshop software packaged in a mobile app. It is apt for professionals and is loaded with advanced features.
The design is built to provide a user-friendly experience so that even an amateur editor can edit the photos like a pro.To access the app, an adobe account is required.
- Noise removal and addition of blur background
- Add layers and edit in the same way like that in an adobe photoshop software
- Stickers can be added and memes can be generated with ease
9. Prisma Photo Editor
This photo editor uses artificial neural networks to make a dull photo look like dslr one by just a few spies and taps. It is home to hundreds of filters, most of which are available for free.
It is also a photo sharing app where you can have your own social tribe with whom you want to share your captured moments with. The prisma feed saves your work from where you can share them to other social media platforms.
- New filter is released every day
- Can create your own community
- Access to over 300 styles in the art library
10. PicShot Photo Editor
PicShot is one of the best free photo editing apps available on play store and app store. It has a one-tap feature which adds stunning photo filters and effects on your images. It comes with different layouts for quick and creative photo collage creation.
Pic shot also offers fun stickers to adorn your photos with cartoons, doodles, and cute emojis. You can even use the collage tool with upto 15 photos which comes with 100+ grids, massive backgrounds, and frames.
- Easy-to-use blur photo option,
- Easy crop option for images intended for videos
- Photo blender and light fx effects
11. MIX – Photo Editor Pro
MIX Photo editor pro is true to its name and is home to powerful yet easy-to-use image editing tools, but with a difference. Apart from providing you with easy free editing tools, it also gives you access to an online library where articles on general photo post-processing techniques are posted on a regular basis.
You can access over 130 free high-quality filters to enhance your images. It has inbuilt advanced editing tools as well which include curve, HSL, split toning etc. The images can be saved and shared over to your social media handles. You can even sync them up to the cloud for backup so you can access it from anywhere.
- Over 60+ effect-enhancing texture overlays
- 130 built-in, high quality filters
- Face smoothening effect
- Bookmark your favorite filters to get quick access
12. Adobe Lightroom for Mobile
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom aids you to capture and edit the images to bring out the best from it.It has sliders, filters, retouch options and other easy to use editing tools so you can get on to editing on the go.
The Crop and Rotate tools can be used to easily resize the images to perfectly fit in the aspect ratio.
You can capture clean shots images by using the upright, guided upright, and Geometry slider tools that adjust the perspective of your image. Once you create a preset, ot can be accessed from anywhere, so that you can edit your images anywhere and anytime
- Advanced picture editor with tools like healing brush to properly tame the details.
- Comes with interactive tutorials so you learn to use photo editor like a professional editor
- Access the filters for pictures with unlimited customization options.
13. Photo Lab Picture Editor
Photo Lab has a wide range of stylish and funny photo effects assemble.The face photo montages, photo frames, animated effects, overlays, sketches and paintings, and photo filters are accessible through just a few taps and swipes. Templates can be used on their own or can be used in combination with each other.
You can save the best photo to your gallery or share it with other apps.It offers other common features like a color correction, background replacement,etc,It comes with a comprehensive and helpful guide to teach you to make the best out of this awesome editing tool.
- Around 50 preset neural art styles
- Around 1000 frames, stickers, filters to choose from
- Create images using fun face montages
Pixlr is one of the most loved free photo editing apps with a wide range of different photo effects, overlays, and filters. These help you create unique and creative edits to your images
It offers HTML5 web apps that load with eas in any browser.and comes with a load ton of features, including layers and color replacement tools. You can also create photo collages with ease since it comes with different preset collages, grid style, customized ratio, and background.
- Instant colour adjustment using Auto Fix.
- Double Exposure creates an array of effects with layers and adjustable transparency.
- Stylize options like pencil sketch, poster, watercolor etc to create unique photo effects.
15. PicsArt Photo Editor
Pics Art is the best tool if you are looking for an app that can add magic to not only your images but also to your videos. A simple birthday wishes video where various images and videos need to be put together can be created with ease.
It has different themes and templates to choose from . You can also add sketch, Canvas, Drip, Glitch, and Magic effects, iMessage stickers, Doodle Art trend, etc. to your images or videos to make yourself look a true pro at editing
- Video and Photo mixer
- Crop and merge videos
- Replay option to see the history of video edits
Read Also : 15 Best Selfie Camera Apps 2020
The uniqueness of VSCO lies in the fact that it is not limited to just being a photo editing tool but it also serves the function as a photo sharer app. It comes with a set of filters and is quite popular because of it.
It has a clean and intuitive main menu display and offers a variety of photo editing options that include basic cropping, brightness adjustment, vignettes, etc. You can share the edited photo within your VSCO’s community or other social media
- Inbuilt camera options like focus, exposure, 3 flash modes, gridlines for a balanced composition, interface color, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and manual focus.
- Manual editing with grain correction, saturation etc. along with the basic tools
- Preset and manual filters
17. Photo Collage
Photo collage is one of the free photo editing apps that are designed aptly for those looking for a photo collage maker. What makes this photo collage app different from others is that it comes with a few many layouts. This means you will have access to a variety of layouts to choose from.
The versatility of this app isn’t just limited to the layout. You can also choose from a wide range of styles ,backgrounds, text fonts, text colors, and text sizes.It also comes with in-built photo editing tools.
- Ideal for creating enticing photo collages
- In-buiilt photo editor lets you edit photos without switching to another app.
- Option to create square layout image, suitable for instagram posts
- Comes with stickers, customized text, crop feature
18. Enlight Pixaloop
This app is basically apt for creating animations from moving photos with easy and powerful editing tools. Artificial intelligence is used for creating picture effect tools which makes it easy to identify the whole area of a picture
Pixaloop has easy share options where you can use the edited gif images to upload and share it on your social feed.
- Overlay features to add mood and life to animated photos
- Option to edit background scenery
- Better control through the fine-tune feature
19. Afterlight 2
Afterlight has a wide range of collection of natural filters. The simple editing tools are designed to give you full control of the editing process.
Afterlight 2 can be used to import and edit RAW images and save the output file as HEIC. The app comes with some cool features such as fusion which enables you to create your own filter. These filters can be saved and edited at any point in time.
- Advanced tools such as Curvesto adjust the brightness, color, and contrast of the image.
- Always available filter library
- Wide range of textures and overlays to add the professional touch to your photos
Are you fond of selfies then facetune is just the app for you. It is designed with features that take the best selfies from even an average camera phone. With this app professional photo editing adjustments like smoothening the skin, whitening the teeth,is just a few swipes away.
The app has a wide collection of filters and photo correction features and when used moderately can give out the best natural look.
- Option to change the backgrounds of your selfies using their set of fun graphics.
- Switch between the original and the edited photo with just a tap and hold trick.
- Wide range of image correction features
If your meal isn’t complete without clicking a picture of the food and uploading it on social media, then the foodie app is the perfect pick for you.
It is loaded with features to make even a bland meal look enticing and super delicious. Use the filters and get an insta-worthy picture of your meal.
- Diverse filters and possibility of detailed edits
- Timer option to click perfectly times food selfies.
- Mute the shutter sound using the mute option
22. Adobe Photoshop Fix
Adobe Photoshop Fix is designed to fix your images to make it look adorable and social media friendly. It also aims to remove unwanted aspects of your images.
The design of this app is intuitive and simple and is really helpful in making professional-level edits to your portraits. It lets you play with the basics such as highlights, shadows, colors, etc to bring out the best out of the portrait.
The app features a liquify section where the app automatically registers each of the subject’s facial features once a portrait is uploaded which makes editing easier.
- Easy editing through liquify feature
- SHare edits to photoshop your desktop via creative cloud.
- User friendly interface
If you are a social content creator, this app is for you. It offers premium filters, borders, and adjustments to create awesome social content.
Edit images on the go without the need to switch between multiple apps to get an instagram ready picture. It has over 80 photographer inspired filters, the best of which chosen that perfectly fits what you desire.
- Produce HD photo
- The premium version comes in with various filters that are updated every month
- Easy Custom editing made easy –
- Instant collage making option
True to its name, visage is a purely a beautification editing app for face. It corrects the blemishes , red eyes and makes the face look straight out of vague cover.
It has a free version but the thing is that it keeps popping up advertisements now and then. However the whole editing experience is fun.
- Fully automatic face touch
- Red eye correction
- Around forty beauty and artistic effects to choose from
Read Also : 14 Best Photo Collage Apps 2020
We hope you like our list of top 24 best photo editing apps for 2020. There is an app for everyone who needs to change colors, adjust light and transform the original elements of their Smartphone photos.
Whether you are a hobbyist or an artist or just keen on exploring creative aspect of mobile photography, you will surely find the unique range of photo editing apps here appealing.