Android platform brings broad variety of mobile apps your way each year. When tech-savvy users seek digital solution for everything, driving is one of the areas where Android apps can make difference, too. Some of these car apps are built-in and connected to the existing car system while some can be connected to your car display.
There are also many Android apps that work independently on the device. From traffic management and gas stations to fuel saving and parking solution, these car apps are designed with the sole focus on making driving experience better and furnished.
If you are a happy Android user looking for reliable digital assistance on the drive, these 15 car apps will definitely accompany you.
|Waze||Voice GPS||Android Auto|
1. Car Scanner ELM OBD2
Car scanner helps you monitor your car in real-time with a Bluetooth or wifi adapter connected to your OBD2 engine management system. Different sensors of your car are viewable on a single screen.
You can customize the car dashboard and check timely assessments of your car and get OBD Fault codes. There are systems for a lot of VAG cars and top connection profiles.
- Huge database of DTP Code descriptions.
- Get real-time ECU self-monitoring test results.
- Project data to your windshield.
- Timely fuel consumption statistics.
Being one of the best car apps, Carinfo is an all-in-one vehicle information app. You get a personalized profile where you can access to the specs and features of thousand plus cars and bikes.
One can just enter the vehicle number and get ten plus details of the vehicle including registration date, owner name, insurance details, etc.
- Download your RC and licenses to your profile.
- Get to know the accurate resale value of used cars.
- Daily updates on petrol and diesel prices.
- Specifications od 10000+ variants of over 20 brands.
Radarbot is an ideal app that is 100% legal and reliable. Users are now free from fines with the best speed camera warning device. Besides, the app gives real-time traffic alerts and accurate advanced speedometer.
It can integrate with GPS navigator apps and get alerts on the wrong ways while traveling. Radarbot warns you about different kinds of cameras like fixed speed cameras, tunnel cameras, and more through sound alerts.
- Additional vibrating mode for motorists.
- Share and receive voice notifications.
- Multiple routes save functions.
- Simple and functional interface.
Carwale is one of the best app solutions that offers an exemplary database on new and used cars. The car buying stages are easier through multiple options like exact onroad car prices, reliable user reviews, know the best deals, and even test drives.
In addition to this, Carwale is considered as the best comparison app for cars by its features, color, price, and more. The app is best for knowing up-to-date ex-showroom, road prices, and price breakdown of all renowned Indian car brands.
- 5000+ expert video reviews of cars.
- Get connected with most genuine buyers.
- 360-degree view of interior/exterior design.
- Real-time sharing of cars and content.
CarDekho is the most popular car app in India. You can get to know the best cars, upcoming and latest cars. The prices, advance features, etc of cars are well explained through the app to users. Besides, it is an ideal app solution to get assistance with a car loan and other insurance procedures.
The app offers a unique chance to know the resale value of your used cars and sell them efficiently through booking appointments via app in advance. Compare other cars based on expert reviews and fulfill your car needs with utmost satisfaction in Cardekho.
- Detailed videos/pictures of car models.
- 360-degree car viewing feature.
- Comparison of specs, price & features of cars.
- Best EMI and car loan processes.
Read Also : 15 Best Car Maintenance Apps 2023
Drivvo adds true power and flexibility to your car drive. It enables you to keep close watch on a range of driving-related elements including repairs& maintenance, miles explored, gas usage, expenditures, and much more. Drivvo comes handy to those who can’t afford hassle in professional driving.
Regular drivers can count on this incredible app to monitor their expenses for tax and take a right call for maintenance with its feature of maintenance records.
Though free version facilitates great features, you can always choose pro for better data backup and management and ad-free experience.
- Cloud Backup on Vehicle features.
- Sync data across multiple devices.
- Export data in CSV/Excel form.
- 24/7 Technical support.
An efficient application to track your mileage, gas costs, and various services. The app visualizes each fill-up in google maps allowing different fuel types even bi-fuel vehicles.
Users can enter their current odometer value, the amount is given and Fuelio will portray the current fuel economy/efficiency and mainly a log of your fuel purchases.
- Multiple vehicle management.
- Dropbox and google drive backup.
- Visual charts on every fuel activity.
- Easy registration & accurate tracking.
8. Simply Auto
Simply auto provides you a platform to take control of your vehicle’s fuel consumption in no time. It set reminders about the services and tests to be done on time for your car. The app allows you to manage your trips via GPS and thus an effective logbook of your car.
You can capture and upload multiple service bills and expenses on time or later. If you feel something wrong with your vehicle, simply auto can represent them through various graphs and stats.
- Automated reports of your car’s performance.
- Secure backups on Google Drive
- Ability to sync with multiple devices.
- Intuitive and simple navigations.
GasBuddy as the name suggests helps motorists economize their spending on gas by crowdsourcing gas pricing data near your location.
It enables you to pick the gas station with affordable price and, therefore, suits best for your long road tripsor casual cruising in your hometown.
You can also choose to be a contributor by updating fresh prices you experience and look to a chance to win $100 of free gas. This is what makes GasBuddy one of the special car apps for Android users in 2021.
- Real-time updates on gas prices & nearby gas stations.
- Gasback-Unlimited cashback offers.
- Extensive filters and catalogs.
- Simple and elegant interface.
Increasingly popular and celebrated among people on the drive, Waze keeps you informed in real-time about the road you and routes you take.
The active community of Waze never leaves you behind while you drive and the app offers turn-by-turn directions, traffic-specific guide and custom routes and also alerts you about on-the-road accidents and unfortunate hazards.
Users can find police locations and can use Waze to share ETA and progress with their connections. Waze makes for the most comprehensive driving app optimized to user interest, Facebook integration, allowing you to discover the best gas prices nearby.
- Instant routing changes.
- Know about the toll charges of your routes.
- Variety of voices to guide you.
- ETA based on traffic data.
11. Voice GPS
One of the widely used apps of now world is Voice GPS. The period of using the keypad to give commands is replaced by trouble-free voice commands. This app helps you know the current traffic condition and real-time navigation simply through voice recognition.
You can enjoy several routing options in advance and also instantly. It helps you in planning the most optimized route to your destination. Even in offline mode, you can preview previous routes.
- Offer accurate route management.
- 3D satellite view of places
- Offline GPS Voice navigation.
- Authentic route finder app.
12. Android Auto
Android Auto is surely regarded as one of the best car apps and is completely free for Android users. It makes your driving on the road more controlled and powerful giving you quick access to Google Maps, message & music apps, and utilities you need.
You can access it on your device and mount it on the dashboard. You can also use it on your car’s touchscreen if the vehicle has Android Auto built-in. The only con is that Android Auto is not integrated with every vehicle yet, which we expect to change in coming years.
- Real-time navigation using Google Maps/Waze.
- Custom ‘Do not disturb’ message
- Receives messages and calls with Google Assistant.
- Manage your infotainment system.
Speedometer is a godsend for motorists. This is an ideal app showing the speed of the device in which it is installed and both in analog or digital value forms.
The analog gauge has about four resolution levels in Speedometer. The meters can be paused by long press on the screen. The latest updates include an alert on exceeding the speed limit.
- Display speed in three different units(km/hr, mph or knots)
- Switch to trip meter or Odometer.
- Highly customizable interface
- No third-party ads.
TomTom is another app that helps you on the road and is available for both Android and iOS users. With TomTom you don’t need to carry heavy gadget units to reach your destination in time. TomTom is designed to give you a parallel solution to free GPS apps like Google Maps and offers free service for the first 50 miles each month.
The extensive use of the app requires paid yearly subscription. What makes TomTom an outstanding car app is its clutter-free, intuitive interface and its ability to offer speed camera warning, which alerts you on upcoming speed limits.
- 30-day free trial for new users.
- View & share the Estimated time of arrival.
- Avoid traffic via instant alternative routes.
- Average speed alerts and warnings.
Dashdroid is a pleasant Android dashboard replacement that comes with eight custom buttons and a central display to view all drive-friendly activities and updates. You can see information on current time, weather condition, car speed.
What is more, this free app offers you voice-enabled commands for hands-free experience inside the car while you steer around on the road. You can make a call or text without using your hands. Its interface is clean and eye-friendly but can be customized to be more stylish.
- Day/night based themes.
- Manage, change & delete UI screens.
- Instant reply using voice commands.
- Know the current weather and temperature.
Read Also : 15 Best Car Rental Apps 2023
You just explored the list of 15 best car apps for Android device in modern times. These car apps are conceived to focus on your driving behavior and essential elements you interact with while enjoying your journey down the road.
There are possibly more car-friendly apps that make your driving experience seamless, delightful and frictionless. You can share your views in the comment section and tell us about your favorite Android apps that may or may not be included in the list.