There are hundreds of excellent child-friendly mobile applications available for both iOS and Android users. But finding the right free apps for your toddler will certainly be a challenge.
Children of ages 1 to 4 cannot read and are in the process of developing their language skills, while many still don’t say complete words.
However, with the right kind of application, toddlers can definitely enhance their language skills, learn about different things around the world thus, staying calm and focused even if parents get to be busy.
Of course, at the same time, you need to make sure that your toddler is not having too much screen time as it affects both their brain and thinking capability.
Here are top 19 best free apps for toddler that help them with learning many things
Shapes and Colors enable your little child to tap away at the screen touching shapes and making new shapes show up.
The application additionally has a ton of fun keyboard to play alongside the shapes and colors melody.
This one may not go far in really instructing your youngster shapes and colors, yet it is extremely engaging.
Choose from one of 13 dialects to teach your kid the names of creatures, food, things, letters, and numbers.
Flashcards are intuitive too, using both talked sound and creature sounds.
You can likewise update your application to the paid form for nine extra dialects.
The PBS Kids application is incredible in light of the fact that it gives your child a chance to choose videos on her or his own, and it gives you the genuine feeling of serenity to know he/she isn’t watching something they shouldn’t watch.
This game gives your baby a chance to assemble and drive their own train in this magnificently vivified action application.
Your kid plays the part of the engineer, picking what trucks to bring along, and in addition, playing straightforward mini-games as the prepare makes its excursion.
The application sports delightful activities and various little subtle elements like plants and creatures in the scene that they can tap to make sounds and activities.
This application keeps your little child engaged as he/she figures out how to enhance shape acknowledgment and engine action. You can look over 44 changed puzzle images, finish with sound impacts.
This application proposes regular learning exercises and tips appropriate for each child’s age.
The fun exercises are composed by subject, circumstance, or time of day, or parents can plan an irregular every day tip to be conveyed in the meantime each picked day.
Each tip incorporates a “Look, what your kid is learning” clarification about the science-upheld scholarly, social, or passionate abilities that can be produced through the activities.
An application diversion that requests kids take a look at various teams of cartoon creature characters and recognize which ones are showing a particular attribute or conduct .
It’s super easy to utilize, making it a pleasant device for little children and preschoolers to use as far as learning expressive gestures.
Nighty Night HD is a short, almost silent intuitive book about going to bed. Children get the opportunity to tap the rooms of the house (or horse shelter) that still have lights on, and after that, once they’ve gone into that room, they get the chance to switch off the light and put the creatures to rest.
Despite not being a reading application, this app has decent cause-and-effect lessons for toddlers.
This application is an extraordinary melodic instrument application for toddlers. It accompanies two instruments (xylophone and drum pack) and has 12 more accessible with in-application updates.
The application was developed to introduce kids to various melodic instruments and offers free-form music making with the alternative to play alongside pre-recorded loops.
What makes this application different from others is that the recreated instruments play like the genuine article.
The vivid and drawing in the interface is all around planned and extremely responsive to children of all ages and ability.
This activity-filled app has various free games and exercises to engage your little child. What’s more, truly, it has a sing along to Wheels on the Bus.
This one will certainly amaze you with various free exercises you can manage without purchasing anything additional.
This activity center has a number of free games and activities for your kid. The application maintains a record that contains how your kid is doing and provides you the report card for the same. This is one of the best free toddler apps for kids of age 2.
This game helps you learn with a sesame street monster friend by calming down and solving problems as everyday challenges.
As a bilingual app, this toddler app helps your child in better problem-solving.
- Interactive activities with unique challenges
- Has ‘breathe with the monster activity’ to help kids learn calming down
- Can be played in English/Spanish
- Aims to help children build skills for resilience, overcome challenges, stressful situations, transitions, etc.
This is a must-have toddler app, where your child needs to help the surrounding aliens to build up their broken ship.
And the only way to fix this problem is to take pictures of the broken part and thus, the app teaches the child to take photos using the camera.
- Gets kids to perform moving, thinking and how to interact
- An app based on a story and once the space ship is fixed, the Gloop family can fly back to their planet
- This is an interacting app for both parents and children
This toddler based game is a set of educational games that teach your child about geometric shapes. The app generally focuses on building skills for kindergarten kids.
- Teach geometric shapes
- Teach all colours of the rainbow
- Learn words and more about toys they use
- Develop logic, memory and abstract thinking
- All levels are made clear in the form of games
An app that provides an incredible underwater experience for toddlers with different educational activities.
From recognizing numbers to learning how to count, learn colour names, children get to do different sea activities with more fun.
- Kids can learn numbers 1 to 20 by counting fishes
- You can follow fishes as they make different shapes and thus, learn
- Learn to sing all-time favorite songs, watch letters change to match the song
- Learn about differences
- Use memory and find the matching fish
- Play with a sea of colorful fish and watch what happens when you touch them
An app created by an experienced teacher who aims at providing early readers or toddlers a vast library of reading materials.
- Can listen, read and record books
- Consist of a whole library with 250+ books
- Has 450+ words integrated into a dictionary
- App uses professional narration with the usage of American English
- Help children improve their reading curriculum skills, self-confidence, vocabulary, etc.
An app that can properly guide your pre-schoolers through a series of activities that help them learns basic skills.
The different activities include matching, pattern, counting, puzzle, size comparison, and shape matching activities, etc.
- Parents can change the type of skills within the app’s settings
- An app with a child-friendly interface
- Consist of 10 educational activities and 2 creative activities
- Children get the option to choose stickers after completing 4 activities
This app helps in encouraging babies to learn more about animals and their sound effects by using the engaging animations.
At the end of each level, animals are reviewed with fun and catchy songs.
- Easy interaction with the animals
- Learn sounds and kids can even dance to songs
- Teaches first words, actions, reactions, animal names, animal sounds, etc.
A simple, easy to use painting & drawing app for pre-schoolers or toddlers. The app is loaded with videos which include creative ideas to develop their own creativity and imagination.
- Consists of simple layout design with easy-to-use intuitive buttons
- Get a beautiful watercolor effect
- Freeform painting to learn colors
- Can save pictures to the library and email to others
While there are so many numbers of amazing and effective best free apps for toddler available, there are several excellent free applications which will keep your kid busy without putting a hole in your pocket.
However, you should make sure that your kid isn’t spending too much on smartphones or tablets. For most of the kids, learning with a device starts when they are 2 years old.
So screen time shouldn’t be more than 2 hours. Keep that in mind and let your kid enjoy, learn, and do many things with our above-mentioned free toddler apps.