The mobile app development market is flooded with countless apps designed across different platforms. Only a few of them achieve a firm spot on users’ mobile screen. A perfect mobile application is a result of intuitive interface, speed of loading, attractive features, offline functioning, ease of navigation and security of in-app data. However, developing such an app involves a lot of hard work and resources.
Making a mobile app a huge success means overcoming certain hurdles encountered during the development process. There are various challenges mobile app developers face before the app is entirely built. So what are they and how to overcome them?
Read this blog to learn about each challenge followed by its comprehensive solution.
1) The Pressure of Limited Time frame:
App development companies are told to provide estimation on time line along with other project essentials. Because you have promised certain time frame to complete the project, developers are most likely to feel the pressure to deliver the product within predefined time limit. This would get even more serious had there been sudden technical challenges.
- If it is necessary to give estimation, make it a little flexible. Consider unexpected hurdles and time it may take to solve them before finalizing on project delivery date
- If possible, stay away from committing a precise date and try to give a rough month of delivery so that you will have some time to fix uninvited tech problems
2) The difference between concept and reality:
There is, of course, a huge divide between what you have envisioned your app to be and what developers see of it in reality. In real time, as developer commence in their development process, they can meet many surprises while trying to fulfil all the requirements of your mobile app. The difference between the concept and reality is a challenge that puts a lot of pressure on developers.
- Keep your client updated on how the process is going and what resources will be needed to fight the challenges
- Persuade the app owner to understand the adversities involved in the process, which may require frequent iterations before the app – or the portion of the app – is approved
- Clarify on points that signal at doubts. Avoid any confusion and find a way to resolve it before it is too late to turn back. Make sure the product at the end of the work looks exactly the same as discussed in the beginning
3) Creating apps with remarkable aesthetics:
Your app will have no value and receive weak response if it doesn’t offer pleasant aesthetics to users. Users tend to choose apps that instantly capture their eyes and compel them to look inside. The pressure of creating noticeable apps therefore is high, which poses as a big challenge.
Make your app a stunner by introducing finest visual elements that leave lasting impression for users. Try to design the kind of graphics and features that look simple yet have potential to amaze users. To address this challenge, do the following exercise:
- Research into popular apps
- Know your target audience
- Remember the aim of the app
- Find out the colours of attraction
- Incorporate purpose with icons, buttons and navigation
- Be unique and innovative
4) Creative and Natural interactions:
As internet has offered interconnected world, it is interesting how we all remain connected in two-way communication. However, users can interact with their mobile screen with even more speed and ease if in-built advanced sensors of the devices are leveraged. This presents as another challenge as well as opportunity for developers during the development.
- In order to ensure your app has best interactive design, make it an essential part of design strategy
- Don’t put off the interactions design in the later phase of the development as it will cost a lot of time
- Give users more to play with and introduce more than basic (swipe and tap) physical gestures of interactions
- Improve their app experience by allowing them to play with different motions like tilting, shaking and flipping
5) In-depth market insight:
Before marketing comes the term ‘market.’ If developers are not conversant with what trends and technologies are making rage in the market, it will be a terrible hardship to meet the purpose for which the app is built. Market knowledge also refers to the competition existing in the similar target market you pitch for.
- Find out the reasons for the popularity of niche apps
- Learn about modern trends, techniques and technologies
- Gather insight about your audience’s behaviour
- Discover the problem points that only your app can solve
- Know about features that can touch the lives of users
- Grow awareness about app store optimization
- Give a sharp eye to mobile app statistics
6) Simplicity of UI:
Unlike a fashion house where fancy haute couture is highly appreciated, mobile app user interface is something where simplicity is expected. Making the UI complicated or confusing will repel users and give them a reason to uninstall your app.
- Make UI easy-to-understand
- Create consistency in navigation
- Utilize a clear and simple structure
- Avoid adding complexities within functionalities
- Make the menu titles and content comprehensible
7) Data security:
Digital interactions are wireless and offer great convenience though it comes with a price. It creates an opportunity for hackers to breach and steal data of value. Also, your apps could be vulnerable to malware attacks. This could be a serious problem when users engage with yourt app and give away their personal information.
- It is advised that developers engaged in a project should practice encrypting anything shared by users while interacting with the app
- It is a good practice to encrypt everything inside your app’s DNA
- You can also protect the data by developing backup of the program so that it goes to archive on regular intervals
8) Tackling different screen sizes:
To surprise and delight worldwide mobile users, makers introduce devices with varied screen sizes. So developers must develop a mobile app that functions consistently across multiple devices. They all have their own limitations based on its OS, in-built technologies and screen quality, which is another fat challenge down the path of app development.
- Responsive design is an ideal solution to this problem as it offers flexible adjustments to fit the screen size
- It is one-size-fits-all solution as it adjusts itself across a range of device platforms and screen sizes
- To address OS-related compatibility, it is a good plan to first release a Beta version
9) Improving the performance:
Apart from design elements and interactive capabilities, app performance also plays a vital role when impressing its users. The performance of the app should not be at the cost of draining battery life. So the challenge is to create something that is flawless, intuitive and aesthetic and consumes optimal power.
This challenge is well overcome when the app is being tested for its general and battery performance.
- If possible, create a Beta version and run test cases
- Analyze the results fed by test users to take remedial actions
- Launch an MVP to minimize the damages
In a nutshell, before the outset of mobile app development process, the concept of the app looks practicable. However, as the time progresses, mobile app developers begin to encounter unforeseen challenges. Only the veteran app development firms can invest industry-grade resources, innovations and creativity required to overcome them. We believe this blog has provided you guide enough to overcome certain challenges for your next mobile app project.