iPhone app development, like any other mobile application development is a complex and tedious process. It is not uncommon for developers to miss out one thing or the other. Even a single unattended error or a careless mistake can turn out to be a severe concern later on. That is why proper planning is said to be necessary and crucial for trouble-free development.
Making a checklist will be of immense help when you are on a hectic schedule. Here is the Redbytes checklist for design and localization for iPhone app development that will keep you on the right track.
Design Checklist for iPhone applications
Here are the most important design aspects that you must keep an eye on while iPhone app development.
- Check that there are no broken internal or external links in the iPhone application.
- Check that the word “beta” had been removed from all places including any documentation.
- Make sure that the accessories that have to be used along with the application are authorized by Apple.
- Check that the user interface of the application follows all the design guidelines laid down in the “Apple Human Interface Guidelines”.
- Make sure that the application does not have very long loading time.
- Check whether an animation or a graphical loading image is provided to signify the loading process.
- Confirm that the resource utilization is planned well and stays within bounds. It should not make the platform sluggish.
- Ensure that your application is not abnormally influenced by pre-existing applications and that there is sufficient difference to make it distinct from other apps.
- Any apps that even remotely duplicate the functionality of Apple applications will be immediately rejected by the Apple review team. So ensure that your app is in a safe place.
- Confirm that the application doesn’t use the trademarks and intellectual properties of other companies like logos, brand names etc.
- Test that your application does not interfere with the normal functioning of the iPhone. Battery draining apps are uninstalled soon by its users.
Name checklist for iPhone application
The name that you choose is definitely something that can influence the success of your app. You should always try to select names that are persuasive. Here are some points to remember:
- Check if it’s possible to find the app while searching by its name.
- Ensure that the name is not longer than 20 characters.
- There should not be any version number in the app name.
- Confirm that there are no third party brand names in your app.
- Ensure that your app name is simple, catchy, and suitable.
iPhone application localization checklist
A lot of games are targeting foreign markets nowadays. The following tips will help you to inspect your localized app thoroughly before approaching those markets.
- Confirm that the localization language matches with the language of the target market.
- Check that the application name is localized.
- Check that the application description is localized.
- Check that the application URL is localized.
- Check that the support URL is localized.
- Check that the support email is localized.
- Check that the screen shots are localized.
- Check that the app binary is localized.
- Ensure that the localization is professionally done and is not just a word-for-word translation.
- Ensure that the app doesn’t contain elements that are unfit for the culture of the targeted market.
- Ensure that the app contains maximum number of cultural elements that will attract the local customers.